Jefferson Airplane Reunion in Austria this summer!!!!?????

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Postby willie on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:03 pm

At least when the wings started falling off the airplane (see what i did :) ) paul kanter had the integrity to credit later work to jefferson starship. even at times with a sizable contribution from many airplane members.
For many years people have talked of a beatles reunion even without Lennon. I've even heard it said since George Harrison died :shock:
willie

Blame the Producer...

Postby Richard263 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:21 pm

If that Austrian promoter is advertising it as the Jefferson Airplane I can tell you without doubt that was not at the band's direction. I produced the Jimmy Fund Benefit concert in Boston last October and the band's management is very clear on the billing. Top 100% billing should be JEFFERSON STARSHIP (or JEFFERSON STARSHIP GALACTIC REUNION)with smaller typeface "Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Jefferson Airplane - Grateful Dead - Quicksilver Messenger Service and "The San Francisco Sound"
I agree that promoter is really stretching it by billing it as a Jefferson Airplane reunion.
Richard263

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:54 pm

They should record it for TV !
In the States & Europe.
That would be great !

So ,more people could
see and hear 'm.....
Chasin'Destiny

Chasin's record the concert idea

Postby Richard263 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:09 am

Chasin' Destiny's comment about recording for TV is right on target. At the risk of repeating myself from another post..we did video (a 3-camera professional shoot) the Galactic Reunion benefit they did in October, 2006 in Boston. (including Marty Balin who flew in for our benefit and who is not playing at the Austrian gig.) If any of you want the DVD there is a complete set list and pictures from the show at http://groups.msn.com/JeffersonStarshipJimmyFundBenefit with information on how to order. Due to family problems, that DVD could be the last one recorded that includes Marty with the band.

(Can someone tell me how to post a picture in this forum? For example there is a picture of Paul Kantner on my computer at C:/Paul.gif but [img]C:/Paul.gif[/img] doesn't seem to do it??? Thanks)
Richard263

Postby FirstBassman on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:44 am

Gosh guys, c'com, stop it and get over it.
The Airplane are not, NOT, I repeat, NOT NOT NOT getting back together.
This is a promoter's mistake (and you all know that).

Yes, Paul and the gang are performing there.
FirstBassman

Postby Steve on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:44 pm

Several February shows were also billed as "Jefferson Airplane". Big billboard on the Atlantic City Expressway. Not gonna happen.
Steve

No jokes here...

Postby jimmie ray on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:51 pm

I keep telling myself to let this go - it's not a big deal...
But it is a big deal, and here is why:
Steve is right about the other advertising in the recent past - this is not a promoters "mistake".
Paul was on a local radio station that plays some JA, to promote the Galactic reunion, back in March. But that station's DJ announced it as the Jefferson Airplane reunion - and was not corrected.
We here on this forum know the full scoop on who's in the band, and what to expect - but the casual fan or someone who always meant to see the JA would be very mislead. I am not insinuating that it wouldn't be a worthwhile show - but don't tell me someone expecting to see certain musicians and singers has no right to get pissed off or confused when this lineup takes the stage. I don't see how this wouldn't interfere with them being able to just enjoy the music.
There should be an honest effort to promote the show for what it is - at all levels. This is not being done, and it is intentional - and it will catch up to Paul, in future attendance.
It's a damn shame that I had to post this, but that's how I see it. I'm sorry for those who want to believe otherwise.
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:52 pm

The words from FirstBassman...
He did say what i thought !
I am a coward, did not dare to say it !

And they should NOT use
the name Jefferson Airplane !

Is like a comercial from SONY
a 42inch TV for the price of a 21inch TV....
And you run to the TV shop....
They say ; a joke....to get you here !
:evil: :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil: :roll:
Chasin'Destiny

Postby willie on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:57 pm

While we're 'fessing up.... 5 or 6 years ago if I'd seen a ad for a JA gig I would have happily gone expecting to see JA, not knowing who was or is in the band. Bearing in mind I don't actually like (what i now know as) the JS sound, I would be seriously pissed off if that was what I got.

Pancakes may be nice, but just because they are made with similar ingredients as cakes they are NOT the same thing. Milk on it's own is loverly, butter is great with other things and flour on it's own taste shite!

Now you won't find that kind of wisdom on the Gorillaz forum. :D
willie

Honesty is Good

Postby mannshands on Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:54 pm

I didn't want to get folks pissed off regarding this. Of course as an old Greatful Jefferson Tunahead I was skeptical(i was skeptical in '88 too, but it happened!) when I saw this poster. It's a great festival line-up no matter what JA/JS plays. However I can never forget or forgive that back in the '83-84, getting a Jefferson Starship ticket, only to see Starship-The Mickey Show. It was Mickey's "hometown" show in Tallahassee(near enough to his S. Georgia home?). His homies even threw bottles at him on stage, when it became clear there was only one Jefferson(Grace) aboard this Starship.
In Europe info gets confused, and Austria is a long way from Amsterdam, so I went to the pro's- all you folks- for some answers. Thanks to you all.
And, Mickey T., sorry to dog you man, you just weren't part of my Jefferson Experence. I didn't build no cities with your pop rock'n'roll. But, heck, as a musician myself, I gotta respect your commercial success.
mannshands

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:12 pm

My thoughts ;
I know Jefferson Airplane just
a bit more than 1 year !.
And it's because of Grace...in 1st place...

Jefferson Starship ?
With Paul & Grace it's OK!
Without ? :roll:

Starship ? :roll: :roll:

So, if i didn't know this forum
and i would see that poster ?
Hey, JA playing ?...Great !
I am going to Austria !
And then the lights went out !
Is THAT JA ???.....
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jefferson Airplane !
Grace,Spencer,Paul,Jorma,Jack,Marty
This is the best....now i know it !.....
http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/Grace-a ... rplane.JPG
Chasin'Destiny

Postby willie on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:15 am

Chasin'Destiny wrote:
Jefferson Airplane !
Grace,Spencer,Paul,Jorma,Jack,Marty
This is the best....now i know it !.....
http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/Grace-a ... rplane.JPG

'Two heads are better than one' has never been more true. Great pic of Grace :D
willie

Paul Marty & Jack

Postby Richard263 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:28 am

I posted some pictures of Marty,Paul and Jack playing a free concert in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco in the mid-1980's. it is in the "KBC" photo album at http://groups.msn.com/JeffersonStarshipJimmyFundBenefit Sorry Grace and Spencer weren't there :cry:
Richard263

Concert webpage has been modified

Postby mannshands on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:56 pm

Hey y'all,
Good work.:D Somebody got the webpage in question to fix their listing. It now reads Jefferson Starship. It is not listed under the "Woodstock Reunion" subtitle anymore(it still does list Country Joe). Maybe he will do some solo stuff besides the Galactic Review. :D
mannshands

Postby FirstBassman on Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:56 am

(it still does list Country Joe). Maybe he will do some solo stuff besides the Galactic Review.

Country Joe ONLY does solo stuff on the tour. He does about four or five songs. Some band members join him for "Feel Like Fixin' ..."

During the jam in NYC, they all also did "Save The Whales."
FirstBassman

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums