Jefferson Airplane Reunion in Austria this summer!!!!?????

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Jefferson Airplane Reunion in Austria this summer!!!!?????

Postby mannshands on Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:53 pm

I live in Amsterdam and found an ad for a concert in Austria. They advertize a Woodstock reunion of Jefferson Airplane, Country Joe, Ten Years After and Iron Butterfly, besides headliners:the Who, Roxy Music, Gary Moore, Billy Idol, Robert Plant, Donovan and Manfred Mann's Earth Band! No other info available at this time.
Info at http://www.lovelydays.at/
or Pollstar.com
Can anyone tell me who exactly will be in this version of JA?Or is this gonna be Starship-the Next Generation Pt 6? And if so which captain, Paul or Mickey?
Thanks for any info?
mannshands

Postby willie on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:28 pm

I guess this is the gig near Vienna dudded the European Woodstock. Previous acts to headline have been Iggy pop, Metallica, Skunk Anansie and Faithless and recently Ten Years After, Canned Heat, Iron Butterfly and Country Joe have been there. Well worth keeping an eye on should be a blast with that line up. :D
willie

One parachute left...

Postby jimmie ray on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:31 pm

Hmmm... it does say "Jefferson Airplane" on that ad!
Let's see... Jack and Jorma will be at a festival in Wyoming on those days, Spencer is gone, Grace doesn't perform any more, Marty is a no-show...
Maybe Paul can play the bass with his feet, and the drums with his ass cheeks???
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:38 pm

Something to remember ;

People who played on Woodstock
are now about >60 years !

German or Austria TV stations
should record it for a TV show.
That WDR TV station from Germany
did a long time ago real good shows !
It's Rock Pallast from WDR.
With all the great and goods from the past !
Years ago they have a Rock Nights....
Hours and hours music on TV.
NOT that from MTV /TMF !!!!!!!!!!

I realy hope that there is something
good coming up this summer !

THANX for that info !!!

And a confession ;
I don't like much of these new gods....

And there was somebody doing a
docum. about JA & 60s ?

And that Wolgangs Vault thing with
old stuff from who-knows-what ?
Just some audio tapes ?
Last edited by Chasin'Destiny on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chasin'Destiny

Postby willie on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:42 pm

It does make you wonder what your getting for your money, doesn't it. For example Canned heat without Alan Wilson and Bob Hite! :(
willie

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:53 pm

If there is a need for
a translation from German to English
let me know it and i do my best for it....
Chasin'Destiny

Postby willie on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:07 pm

Chasin'Destiny wrote:If there is a need for

Thanks. Someone said this to me in a nightclub......gesetzt dem weg. I've no idea what she meant. :D
willie

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:25 pm

willie wrote:

Thanks. Someone said this to me in a nightclub......gesetzt dem weg. I've no idea what she meant. :D

These last 3 words ?...gesetzt dem weg...
That doesn't sound like normal German,
but these are German words...was she drunk ?.....
If a German would like that you take a place
somewhere else it looks like this ;
Bitte gehen sie, setzen sie sich irgend wo anders....
:roll:

I would say she said ; go and sit somewhere else

Was it cooool babe ?
http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/BadDog1.jpg
Chasin'Destiny

Postby willie on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:37 am

Chasin'Destiny wrote:
willie wrote:

I would say she said ; go and sit somewhere else

Was it cooool babe ?
http://members.home.nl/jjurgens/BadDog1.jpg

I think your right, she also used the internatioal language of a knee in the groin :shock: :cry: :cry:

Nice pic... very kinky :wink:
willie

It's Jefferson Starship with..

Postby Richard263 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:55 am

Paul Kantner, David Freiberg, Slick Aguiar, chris Smith, Diana Mangano and Linda Imperial ...not sure about Prairie Prince as he's now in the New Cars. Go to http://www.jeffersonstarshipsf.com and check the 'ship's tour log' or "a-deck", thats the forum and they will tell you.
BTW the above plus Marty Balin, Darby Gound and Prairie Prince played in Boston last October and its a great lineup. you can see pictures on http://groups.msn.com/JeffersonStarshipJimmyFundBenefit It was a benefit concert and they pulled out all stops..there's a DVD and CDs of the show and all of the proceeds go to cure cancer. Check it out
Richard263

Postby freakmeout on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:45 am

The Cars as in "Moving in Stereo" Cars? I have a friend who's OBSESSED with them.
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

The Cars

Postby Richard263 on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:24 am

they now have a website go to: http://www.thenewcars.com

The New Cars
In late 2005, rumors began circulating that the influential Boston-based band The Cars were planning to reform despite bass player Benjamin Orr's death and the oft-mentioned refusal of former lead singer Ric Ocasek to even consider any reunion. Soon the rumors mentioned that Todd Rundgren had joined Elliot Easton and Greg Hawkes in rehearsals for a possible new Cars lineup. Initial speculation pointed to The New Cars being fleshed out with Clem Burke of Blondie and Art Alexakis of Everclear. Eventually it was revealed that The New Cars were to complete their lineup with veteran bass player and former Rundgren bandmate Kasim Sulton and studio drummer Prairie Prince, formerly of The Tubes, who had played on XTC's Rundgren-produced Skylarking and who has recorded and toured with Rundgren.

In early 2006, the new lineup played a few private shows for industry professionals. The band sounded amazingly unchanged from their 1970s/80s incarnation, and many for the first time noticed how similar Rundgren's vocals were to Ocasek's.

The New Cars' first single, "Not Tonight," was released on March 20, 2006. A portion of the song is featured on a promotional teaser for the band online. According to a March 14, 2006 press release announcing The New Cars, a greatest hits collection, The New Cars: It's Alive, will be released May 9 on Eleven Seven Music. The album will include classic Cars songs recorded live plus never-before-released studio tracks.

The new lineup will play live on The Tonight Show and make other media appearances before commencing a 2006 summer tour with the re-formed Blondie.
Richard263

Rock is dead...

Postby jimmie ray on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:47 pm

I can easily accept that Lynyrd Skynyrd keeps it's name, even though only 2 members are still from the original band. They didn't kill off the other members, the younger brother took the singer's place, they pay tribute to the missing members and would probably give anything to have them back...
But this other shit that's going on - is a F-ING DISGRACE!!!
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Postby Chasin'Destiny on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:57 pm

Time keeps on slippin' into the future !

(Steve Miller)
Last edited by Chasin'Destiny on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chasin'Destiny

Here is the explaiatio from JS wesite

Postby mannshands on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:00 pm

"It's the 40th for COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH too," said McDONALD from his home in Berkeley, CA. JOE joins JEFFERSON AIRPLANE/JEFFERSON STARSHIP founder PAUL KANTNER, QUICKSILVER co-founder DAVID FREIBERG, original GRATEFUL DEAD pianist TOM CONSTANTEN, THE TUBES co-founder PRAIRIE PRINCE and JEFFERSON STARSHIP with SLICK AGUILAR, CHRIS SMITH, LINDA IMPERIAL & DIANA MANGANO who has sung GRACE SLICK’s repertoire for the past 13 years. GRACE retired from touring in 1989. The tour played 40 shows in 12 countries in 2005 and is just 'coming home' this winter & spring with another 25 shows slated. The 'Galactic Reunion' reunites McDONALD, KANTNER & CONSTANTEN ... veterans all of the original 1969 Woodstock Music Festival.

So it seems the producers of the fest are stretchimg the Jeffersom Airplame title a it...
mannshands

Next

Return to Open Forums