Just testing my "Avatar"

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

What do you think of avatars?!?

Good
75%
Bad
No votes
Nothing special
25%

Total votes : 8

Just testing my "Avatar"

Postby nickwishkah on Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:10 am

Just testing my "Avatar". sorry for wasting a load of space.
nickwishkah

Postby gTarFreak on Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:16 pm

I found (when I created my avatar) that it's retro-active. It shows up on posts that I made before I added it to my profile, so I'm guessing it's a dynamic thing that loads when you load the page.

Thanks for the kind comments on my music, by the way. :) Although I suspect that jazz was what my parents had in mind when they decided on the clarinet, all I can remember playing in the school band was a few classical sounding pieces and an occaisional marching piece. Definitely no jazz or, worse, no rock 'n roll!

Cheers,
Dave
gTarFreak

Postby Willard on Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:39 pm

I really like it. It's neat and tidy, the yellow border match well with the site but nothing special. My level of special is bit more radical - long length clip avatar, huge avatar, and etc. :)
Willard

Postby nickwishkah on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:31 pm

I found that too.
When i was playing trumpet in school i was first trumpet in a Brass Ensemble but we only played classical. I like a lot of classical music but i couldn't stand the way the whole thing was presented to us. So, in my normal quitting way, i left. Shame really.

Nick
nickwishkah

hey

Postby Mr. Orange on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:34 pm

Your avatar is pretty cool. Everybody should have one. I think avatars are cool, another way of "showing something about yourself" and all that other jazz.
also, a note on the side. You remarked on another page about clairinet on "Take Five". That's actually soprano sax played by Paul Desmond.
Take it easy.
Mr. Orange

Postby nickwishkah on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:38 pm

:oops: But i think on the live version i have it is definitely a clarinet. I have never heard a studio recorded version though. I think you are right because Paul Desmond was definitely a saxophonist but i still believe on the live version i have that it's a clarinet. i'm going to check right now though!
nickwishkah

Postby nickwishkah on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:39 pm

it's definitely a clarinet on my version. if you wanted to hear i could may be send it to you somehow?!?
nickwishkah

hey

Postby Mr. Orange on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:40 pm

Your avatar is pretty cool. Everybody should have one. I think avatars are cool, another way of "showing something about yourself" and all that other jazz.
also, a note on the side. You remarked on another page about clairinet on "Take Five". That's actually soprano sax played by Paul Desmond.
Take it easy.
Mr. Orange

Return to Open Forums