Exile from 2400 Fulton St.

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Postby troebuck on Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:06 am

Hi,

(first time post)

I have been in self-imposed exile from 2400Fulton for some time, and I'm looking forward to joining in some good, relevant discussions about the band and it's offshoots.

I'm also genuinely glad that there have been some serious resources and attention poured into JA's online presence... It's been a long time coming, and I sincerely hope this is a more successful enterprise.

-- Tad
troebuck

Postby VoodooChile in Wonderland on Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:26 am

I joined 2400 St in 1997 was active at the beginning but now the amount of political content, racism, religion, gay-talk and non-JA content discussion is really heavy.

I don't even lurk the messages, I'm in the digest format so I just read the indexes and then decide if read or not

However I am deeply indebted to Jeff and the Fultonites for so many great threads and information. In fact I got a lot of contributions for my Nicky Hopkins website from so many cool fultonites there

LOL on other topic, in the "Desert Island 5" thread the other day I mentioned Exile on Main Street as one of my best preferences for such an unreal fantasy :lol: :lol: 8)
Last edited by VoodooChile in Wonderland on Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Well the airplane's done it
No... It wasn't the airplane it was beauty killed the beast
VoodooChile in Wonderland

Postby VoodooChile in Wonderland on Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:28 am

I am sure "we can be together" here, trying to avoid NJA threads and fights and keeping all discussion on topic

Keep rocking everybody
Well the airplane's done it
No... It wasn't the airplane it was beauty killed the beast
VoodooChile in Wonderland

Exile from 2400 Fulton St

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:02 am

You wrote:
<< I am deeply indebted to Jeff and the Fultonites for so many great thread and information. In fact I got a lot of contributions for my Nicky Hopkins website from so many cool fultonites there >>

Besides being the living breathing encyclopedia of all things Airplane, Jeff Tamarkin is just a really, really cool guy.

I was on 2400 Fulton from 1995 (or was it 96?) til 1999... and then signed on again in 2000 after a brief hiatus. I signed off again a few months ago, probably for good.

The one thing I miss about Fulton is his making himself available to entertain even the most arcane question... Chances are, he has probably already asked it and got an answer from one fo the band members.

Jeff, if you ever read this -- Come to the dark side! Moderated lists may be dull, but it won't be the same without you!

Tad

ah, gee, thanks

Postby jefftamarkin on Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:48 am

Hey Tad,

That's very kind of you. I'll try to make a point of stopping in here. I'm still a regular member of 2400 Fulton but I avoid A-Deck over at the Jefferson Starship site. Too much REAL nastiness there.
Jeff Tamarkin
jefftamarkin

Return to Open Forums