i need help - its bugn me

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

i need help - its bugn me

Postby beaded4u on Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:20 am

i really need some help watched the directors cut of woodstock69 and there was a song i heard bout the vietnam war wasnt really sung more talked was wondering if it was uncle sams blues?? please someone help me it drivn me crazy i need this song. any ideas on where to find out??
beaded4u

Favorite war songs...

Postby jimmie ray on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:02 am

There was a thread where we discussed this question in the "Open Forum" section of this site. Go there and scroll down about 10 threads - and read the whole thing to get the right answer. Some people here actually get to talk with Jorma on occasion, and give some good inside information on subjects like this. You could always ask further, too... Hope this helps!
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Postby gTarFreak on Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:04 am

JA did Uncle Sam's Blues, but it sounds as if you're describing Country Joe McDonald doing the I-Think-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die Rag.

"And it's one, two, three, what are we fightin' for? Don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is Vietnam..."

Cheers,
Dave
gTarFreak

Yahoo were all gonna die!

Postby jimmie ray on Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:40 pm

Yeah - if the word "Vietnam" is in the song, then Dave's got it!
"Uncle Sam Blues", we found out, was originally done around the Korean war - but also performed by JA at Woodstock.
And I seem to remember Jorma (Hot Tuna) doing it just a few weeks ago here in NY - yaaaaaayyyyyy!!!
Cheers, Jimmie Ray
(nice touch, huh?)
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

found it

Postby beaded4u on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:32 pm

thank you for your help afer alot of hours searching the net bout woodstock i finally found it yes it is country joe who sings the song i was after. now i can sleep!!
beaded4u

Postby FirstBassman on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:52 pm

Wonder what you meant, by the way, by "wasnt really sung more talked." "Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin" is definitely sung by Country Joe. The only time he is talking is when he is chastising the crowd to sing louder.

Speaking of Country Joe . . .
He is touring with the Starship on their new tour.
Should be very interesting.
FirstBassman

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions