After Bathing at Baxter's

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

After Bathing at Baxter's

Postby JPPMcStepBBlues on Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:01 pm

What are the bonus tracks for the new remastered CD? I know that one of them is a live version of "The Ballad of You and Me and Pooneil"......does it say the date of the performance in the liner notes? Thanks.
If you were a cloud and you sailed up there,
You sail on water as blue as air;
You'd see me here in the fields and say,
"Doesn't the sky look green today?"
JPPMcStepBBlues

Postby peds on Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:47 pm

Pooneil was recorded on June 14 '67, but it doesnt say where it was played in the liner notes... the live version was originally intended to start off the album, but it was shelved in favour of the studio version instead.

You've also got the Mono recording of "Martha", and an alternate version of "Two Heads"... its pretty much the same as the the regular two heads, but Grace's wailing at the end is one single track, instead of two being played overlapped.

Also, "Things are Better in the East" played by Marty Balin - just a guitar.
Then, after that, a "hidden track", after a brief silence... an instrumental recording of "Young Girl Sunday Blues".
peds

Postby fusible on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:21 pm

fusible

Postby freakmeout on Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:51 am

I can't find the CD version of this anyplace! I want to have it so bad and I look every chance I get but I can't find it anywhere.
They are extremely uncomfortable with the idea that I am a teenage girl in the body of a 60 year old career criminal who has already died 16 times...
freakmeout

Postby peds on Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:50 am

Sorry you cant find it :( Its one of my favourite CDs of all time, no doubt :D

go here:

https://www.freakemporium.com/cgibin/list_artist.cgi?artist=Jefferson%20Airplane

edit - oh, well the direct URL isnt working. copy and paste it into your browser window.
peds

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions