Female rocker appreciation thread:):)

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Female rocker appreciation thread:):)

Postby psychy on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:57 am

Moon Lynn.....another "commercial" act that knows how to arrange her lyrics and music MUCH better than silly Gaga....and does it in full sexiness to boot:)):)!!!!Image

Whyzdom singer..........
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:01 am

Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy).....watch out silly Gaga, she might frighten YOU and your little TALENTLESS act away....."Monster" my ass, hehehhehehehehehhe :)Image
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 am

...................................want MORE "authority" talk on the Gaga matter?:):):)

“I’m starting to feel that people are saying I’m Lady Gaga and also that Jesse James woman. I’m starting to feel insulted, ’cause I don’t want to look like either one of them.” – Marilyn Manson

“She models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna, but the music sounds like 20-year-old Ibiza music, you know? She’s not progressive, but she’s a good mimic. She sounds more like me than I fucking do!” – M.I.A.

“It’s hard for me to talk about it; I’ve seen a couple of videos of hers, and not for very long. I stop watching them each time because I don’t think there’s melodies. I’m sorry to be negative…But to me, even if it’s popular, there is a quality in the music you have to be able to appreciate. And I don’t see it. Her melodies are very conventional.” – Michel Gondry

“Lady Gaga? (I may be showing my age here but who’s Lady Gaga?). It made my teeth hurt! MY TEETH!!” – Noel Gallagher

“She’s what I call a meteor — singers who entertain people for a while. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with that… She wants to entertain people. Right now, half the world is depressed and they need to be entertained. So her timing’s perfect.” – Tori Amos

“I don’t think her music is that compelling, but that’s cause I listen to rock music.” – Courtney Love
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:13 pm

You know, Psychy. I really think all those boobies-pictures you post are very educational. In this discussion there seems to be a confusion of package and content.
I find them very funny, all these silly girls, who fall back unto conservative, sexist strategies of promotion, baring it all to cover up their otherwise probably limited talents. Playing on straight male fantasies that men have the power, just by looking at these pictures, to get these women excited. Ahh, look at those lips.....
The willingness of these girls to do so, shows to me their eagerness to replace Lady Gaga, right now, right here.
But then, what do I care? Because:
"It's raining men, hallelujah, it's raining men"
redrabid

Postby psychy on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:07 pm

You forget one little thing that makes the BIG diff!! :):) Talent will never need boobies, a***s or whatever to find its way into musicland. Me ? I welcome talented boobies and a***s only when.....and I repeat when, they have TALENT to sell. Concerning Grace Slick for example, I always found her extremely sexy on stage (at Woodstock and elsewhere)....sexiness should complement talent not overlap it (like with Gaga :lol: :lol: ). Since the latter has very little talent, she has to retort to cheap, vulgar gimmicks....and that's where "your" silly men-folk come into the picture and admire her talentless act. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Grace Slick.........total sexiness, BIG TALENT, no body gimmicks...MY kinda lady:)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Grace Potter (the Nocturnals):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Susanna Hoffs (the Bangles:))
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:47 pm

Turning your argument around a bit, Psychy, if those girls got talent, why is it that they need that sexist promotion, degrading themselves as artists in eyecatching, but obviously earnumbing "sexy" poses, lacking the irony of Madonna and Gaga or the daring the-devil-may-care-mentality of Grace Slick. It may not come as a surprise to you that I think Stevie Nicks sucks.
Point is, Psychy, are you willing to recognise talent even if you hate the music. Personally I hate nothing more than Heavy Metal bands like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Kiss, you name them (well maybe Country Rock) but you'll never hear me say that there is no talent. But such awfull music.

By the way, I am listening to "Blue" by Joni Mitchell. How appropriate, all she ever bared was her soul.
redrabid

Postby redrabid on Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Now that our discussion on Lady Gaga, talent and boobies seems to have ended, Psychy, I want to say this;
When I joined this forum some 4 years back I wanted to get to know those freaky persons who liked JA. But soon after I was a bit disappointed, I was baffled by the strict "politically correct" restrictions on this forum. Questioning the opinions of other members seemed to be considered as a negative attitude. As I said in a post this site seemed to turn into the Mutual Admiration Society. It sucked the life out of this forum, in my opinion (too bad, because there were a few interesting contributors to this forum).

Psychy, I really liked our discussion on this topic, though I know we will never, ever agree on Gaga, talent and the importance of big boobies. But you are never afraid to voice your opinions strongly, you stand for what you like. And it gave me the opportunity to sharpen my knives.
You know it is like one of those heated discussions in a bar over a couple of beers, after which you say:
"Do you want another beer, Red?"
"No, get me a glass of red wine this time, Psychy."

Do yo know another topic we can fight about?

And if you don't know her, check out Dutch singer Anouk: Blond , boobies, tattoos, good voice and a couple of good songs.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:42 pm

redrabid wrote:Turning your argument around a bit, Psychy, if those girls got talent, why is it that they need that sexist promotion, degrading themselves as artists in eyecatching, but obviously earnumbing "sexy" poses, lacking the irony of Madonna and Gaga or the daring the-devil-may-care-mentality of Grace Slick. It may not come as a surprise to you that I think Stevie Nicks sucks.
Point is, Psychy, are you willing to recognise talent even if you hate the music. Personally I hate nothing more than Heavy Metal bands like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Kiss, you name them (well maybe Country Rock) but you'll never hear me say that there is no talent. But such awfull music.

By the way, I am listening to "Blue" by Joni Mitchell. How appropriate, all she ever bared was her soul.

Hi there:). I know where you're at man:)! You see, it's not the ladie's "fault" if they're made diff from us boyZ and it's in their 'nature' to be attractive "at all costs":). Ladies will be ladies in whatever they do...and that includes entertainment/music/art. For example, I don't dig Laurie Anderson (Lou Reed's widow:() much because she appears to be rather 'cold' and this sometimes reflects in her music. She might even be talented, but perhaps I don't see it in her (I might have to look better:)). No worries, I don't dig Stevie Nicks much either...theres seems to be something lacking in her overall 'talent'...not in her vocals of course:).
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:45 pm

redrabid wrote:Now that our discussion on Lady Gaga, talent and boobies seems to have ended, Psychy, I want to say this;
When I joined this forum some 4 years back I wanted to get to know those freaky persons who liked JA. But soon after I was a bit disappointed, I was baffled by the strict "politically correct" restrictions on this forum. Questioning the opinions of other members seemed to be considered as a negative attitude. As I said in a post this site seemed to turn into the Mutual Admiration Society. It sucked the life out of this forum, in my opinion (too bad, because there were a few interesting contributors to this forum).

Psychy, I really liked our discussion on this topic, though I know we will never, ever agree on Gaga, talent and the importance of big boobies. But you are never afraid to voice your opinions strongly, you stand for what you like. And it gave me the opportunity to sharpen my knives.
You know it is like one of those heated discussions in a bar over a couple of beers, after which you say:
"Do you want another beer, Red?"
"No, get me a glass of red wine this time, Psychy."

Do yo know another topic we can fight about?

And if you don't know her, check out Dutch singer Anouk: Blond , boobies, tattoos, good voice and a couple of good songs.

I agree. This forum for me is one of the best debating platforms on the Net:):)!! I don't dig fighting but debating and exchanging ideas is my thing. Of course I know Anouk.....I love her style and vocals :):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Any Girlschool fans here? I know Red, you don't dig HM a lot :):)!!!
Image :mrgreen: :evil:
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Though I was indifferent to their music, I do remember Girlschool. I was at the time quite sympathetic to their attempt to beat the boys at their own game.
Today, while painting, I remembered a song that I consider to be a really great pop/rock classic, by two artists you won't find in my record collection: Nick Cave (hmm) and Kylie Minogue (horrible, horrible): "Where The Wild Roses Grow".
A really gripping "murder ballad". How I wish that I could write a song like that.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:27 pm

redrabid wrote:Though I was indifferent to their music, I do remember Girlschool. I was at the time quite sympathetic to their attempt to beat the boys at their own game.
Today, while painting, I remembered a song that I consider to be a really great pop/rock classic, by two artists you won't find in my record collection: Nick Cave (hmm) and Kylie Minogue (horrible, horrible): "Where The Wild Roses Grow".
A really gripping "murder ballad". How I wish that I could write a song like that.

You mentioned something important here Red:)........"........their attempt to beat the boys at their own game...."; that's exactly what ladies of rock like Janis Joplin and Grace Slick started out to do down along rockland and what the other rock ladies took up from where Janis and Grace left off (i.e. Tina Turner, Suzie Quatro, etc.). Brother James Brown said it like it was and IS, man:):). Sage words indeed bro...sage words:)!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCdc1YW001Q

"It's A Man's, Man's, Man's World"

This is a mans world
This is a mans world
But it would be nothing,nothing
Without a woman or a girl

[verse 1:]
You see, man made the car
To take us over the road
Man made the train
To carry the heavy load
Man made the electrolight