Female rocker appreciation thread:):)

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Female rocker appreciation thread:):)

Postby redrabid on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:24 pm

To be honest, Psychy, no I don't.
Though I quite willing to accept that you prefer Cher above Gaga, I don't see why Lady Gaga is less talented than Cher. Both are good singers and performers, who chose to exploit their talents in a very commercial, promotion dominated way. Sometimes with likeable results. The only difference I see is that Gaga hasn't been carved by the knife as often as the by now very stretched Cher. Yet.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:02 pm

redrabid wrote:To be honest, Psychy, no I don't.
Though I quite willing to accept that you prefer Cher above Gaga, I don't see why Lady Gaga is less talented than Cher. Both are good singers and performers, who chose to exploit their talents in a very commercial, promotion dominated way. Sometimes with likeable results. The only difference I see is that Gaga hasn't been carved by the knife as often as the by now very stretched Cher. Yet.

Perhaps I wasn't sufficiently using the word talented then...that's the magic word that sticks up there when comparing who is really artistic (be it promotional or whatever) and who is NOT. My words related to Lady Gaga are not biased, simply because I put the matter on an exquisitely talent-oriented basis; thus, the fact that I dig Cher better than I dig Gaga is HIGHLY OBJECTIVE if we stick to talking about talent. I can explain why the latter has little talent at all: in the early stages of her career, Lady Gaga stated in an interview that "my music is based a lot on Led Zeppelin", which is basically heretic talk simply because IT'S NOT TRUE. There is no Zep effect whatsoever in Gaga's music. Why did she say that? Evidently to cover up the fact she has no talent and was hoping to camouflage her crappy TALENTLESS disco/dance music by comparing it with the likes of Led Zep....what did she think? that true rock / Zep fans wouldn't have noticed her blabbering??:):):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:05 pm

The DELTA RAE chix :)
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:53 am

Psychy, you're not serious, right?
You base your judgement of Lady Gaga on something she said??? Let's consider what she does: She sings, writes and performs well, although she presents that in a selfconcious, calculating, slick MOR production.
But Lady Gaga has another talent too, one that I like very much: She knows how to make men mad. Led Zeppelin indeed.

There's nothing wrong with electro pop: Depeche Mode, New Order....
redrabid

Postby psychy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:07 am

redrabid wrote:Psychy, you're not serious, right?
You base your judgement of Lady Gaga on something she said??? Let's consider what she does: She sings, writes and performs well, although she presents that in a selfconcious, calculating, slick MOR production.
But Lady Gaga has another talent too, one that I like very much: She knows how to make men mad. Led Zeppelin indeed.

There's nothing wrong with electro pop: Depeche Mode, New Order....

Nope, you're on the wrong track again (but DO NOT take it personally, we're only DEBATING here:):)). I've never been any more serious than now on this very delicate matter:). Why? because I'm fed up with TALENTLESS crap being exposed as TRUE art:)!! I dunno about you or anyone else on this serious forum, but most "critics" tend to base themselves on interviews made by artists...but only when it's convenient to them.....in order to judge them and, in other cases, they discard something said by them in order to back their theories up (this is generally done by unwary, stupid radio / TV media critics when it comes to pushing one artist instead of another (maybe more talented indeed:)).
So, why did Gaga say such a stupid thing as "my music is influenced by Led Zep"? Ezy says it, man: it was the only way to get the attention of UNwary rockers out there who, by the time she went on with her silly TALENTLESS performances, grew to understand that she was TOTALLY FAKE to her toes!!!:):):).
Make men mad? That has always been done by starlettes who have nothing but their TALENTLESS sexy BODY to push.....STUPID AND NAIVE are those fellas who still fall for it...NOT ME, MAN:)!!!
Gaga writes, sings and well? I'll give her 1 outta 3 there:): the only good aspect about LG is her vocals...they're very good; NOPE she doesn't write well at all and by THAT, I don't mean her lyrics, but her arrangements.....the crappiest I have heard in a lifetime of listening to wimpless music (aka Aiplane's music:)); performs well? if mere vulgarity means performing well, we're all lost in modern musicland. My point? I dig Marilyn Manson's antics because he/she(??:)) REALLY gave music what was needed despite the fact that he shocked audiences POSITIVELY, just like the Stones did in their heyday and Little Richard and the Pelvis did before them :):)!! Oh for sure ....Gaga gave me thrills up my spine too.....BUT, they were TALENTLESS thrills, full of silly references to "let's dance and don't worry about tomorrow" in the most arrangement-less way ever:):)!! Sure, Janis Joplin shocked me too and so did JA, but they did it with TALENT, EXTREMELY GOOD ARRANGEMENTS, REVOLUTIONARY IDEAS, TRUTH, ...and made me DANCE to boot:):)!!
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 am

Oh, this here statement will show you once and for all that I'm not being merely naive, biased or whatever when talking about the currently talentless Gaga!
If LG decided to leave her SILLY UNWORTHY TALENTLESS arrangements (and perhaps, yes, even her lyrics) at home, get a GOOD arranger in her team and change the sterile USELESS, wimpy dance/disco songs to more REALLY modern rock/pop tunes that, yes, why not, make people dance WARINGLY of what they are dancing to, then....AND ONLY THEN.....I might even TRY to change my mynde about her and her music...who can tell???:):)!!
NB of course there is nothing wrong with bands like Depeche Mode and similar outfits, but you see, we are in any case talking about bands WITH TALENT...there ya go...back to square 1:):)!!!!
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:19 am

Wild Evel (of the Trashbones):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:26 am

Some REAL talented modern pop ladies? Here are 2: Lana del Rey & Katy Perry.....not only do they both look cooler and sexier than Gaga, BUT THEY HAVE MUCH, MUCH MORE TALENT TO SELL than any starlette like Gaga:):)!!!

Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:39 am

LUNA JADE 8)

WENDY 0'WILLIAMS (R.I.P. :(:()

ILLICIT EVE

THE RAVEONETTES CHICK:)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 am

TRACY BONHAM (talent to sell....talent runs in the Bonham family:):):))

THE PAYBACKS axewoman:)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:01 am

DAMONE

NICOLE SUTTON

JULIETTE LEWIS (OF THE LICKS)
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Again, you can't be serious.
Lana del Rey? Her only asset seems to be that she has a rich, very rich father, who can buy her all the studio time she needs. Some time ago I read this spoiled girl prefers to be an "actress". "Daddy, please ?".
Katy Perry? Well, she can write a good tune. "I Kissed A Girl", if the improbable would happen, I would like to cover that tune. Too bad she can't sing at all. And of course she chooses to make the same attention seeking, publicity driven, very American (no compliment) MOR shit as Lady Gaga.
Did you check out "London Grammar"?. Now, that is promising.

By the way, I am not impressed by all these "musicians" (Wendy Williams and a lot of others whose pictures you post) whose two talents are always bared and upfront. I find this commercial projection of "ready, willing and able"-sexuality rather outdated and hypocrite.
Come on, Miley Cyrus, show us your nipples and your cunt. It was done before. A long time ago.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:28 pm

redrabid wrote:Again, you can't be serious.
Lana del Rey? Her only asset seems to be that she has a rich, very rich father, who can buy her all the studio time she needs. Some time ago I read this spoiled girl prefers to be an "actress". "Daddy, please ?".
Katy Perry? Well, she can write a good tune. "I Kissed A Girl", if the improbable would happen, I would like to cover that tune. Too bad she can't sing at all. And of course she chooses to make the same attention seeking, publicity driven, very American (no compliment) MOR shit as Lady Gaga.
Did you check out "London Grammar"?. Now, that is promising.

By the way, I am not impressed by all these "musicians" (Wendy Williams and a lot of others whose pictures you post) whose two talents are always bared and upfront. I find this commercial projection of "ready, willing and able"-sexuality rather outdated and hypocrite.
Come on, Miley Cyrus, show us your nipples and your cunt. It was done before. A long time ago.

I'm still dead serious, man:):). Of course it was done before....and with talent in most cases....and out comes MORONIC Gaga who thinx we haven't seen it (AND MORE...MUCH MORE!!!) before. Gaga's family is rich too...so what?! Grace's family was rich too, but at least Grace NEVER faked it....not once:):)! I'd love to see Gaga and the other starlettes of todAY go to a political convention and put some "stuff" in the politicians punch instead of just blabbering "Off-stage" about social issues....let's not forget that GS did that a long time ago when you might even have gone to jail for doing it. Grace never gave a 2nd thought of being rich coming from a rich family.....she just did what she believed was right....AND WITH T.A.L.E.N.T. TO boot....UNLIKE THE PATHETICALLY SILLY GAGAS OF THIS WORLD:):):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:59 am

Yes, we all love Grace. She has the talent, attitude and looks.
But I still don't see why you think that Katy Perry (or Cher) has talent and Lady Gaga has not. Quite obiously they are two from the same mold and make mostly mindless music. Fondly I remember the many nights I danced away on this kind of music, Disco and Dance.

And to use an argument from authority: Grace likes Lady Gaga.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:50 am

redrabid wrote:Yes, we all love Grace. She has the talent, attitude and looks.
But I still don't see why you think that Katy Perry (or Cher) has talent and Lady Gaga has not. Quite obiously they are two from the same mold and make mostly mindless music. Fondly I remember the many nights I danced away on this kind of music, Disco and Dance.

And to use an argument from authority: Grace likes Lady Gaga.

You have a way with words and think you're a "smartie-pants", but it will take A HELL OF A LOT MORE to out wit me and make me back out of a debate, man:):):) :D. Grace may even dig Katy Perry and/or Cher for that matter...that's just not the point here...never was:):)! Grace and I (or any other soul on this here planet, for that matter) may have very diff tastes in music, etc. Nope that doesn't bother me one single bit:):)! Grace may even decide to not quit smoking till she drops (we all have to go one day, but may Grace Slick live on forever:):)!!!!!!)....that wouldn't bother me either...it's HER choice and HERS alone:). You're going totally off track here AND you never once supported your theory as to why Gaga has talent:):)! Indeed, I chose to compare 3 of the most "commercial" acts out there (Gaga, Perry & Cher) to show you I'm not biased with other similar acts that have talent (whiCh in our case here means not only writing yer own lyrics, BUT ARRANGING THEM PERFECTLY and dishing them out with commercial STYLE and MANNER......something that Gaga could only wish for!!:):)).
Disco / dance? Means nothing to me, since teens have danced to r'n'r and surf music in the past loving it to......just what the hell does disco music mean anyway, hahahhahahhaha :):)!!! It's so STERILE AND SILLY in its name too:)!!!
YOU talk about authority?! No probs, man, I'll quote another BIG authority too:
Jimi Hendrix:
Yeah)
(Sing a song, brother)
If the sun refused to shine,
I don't mind, I don't mind.
(Yeah)
If the mountains fell in the sea,
Let it be, it ain't me.
Got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you.

Now, if 6 turned up to be 9,
I don't mind, I don't mind.
If all the hippies cut off all their hair,
I don't care, I don't care.
Dig, 'cos I got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you.

White-collar conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me.
They're hoping soon my kind will drop and die,
But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high . . . HIGH!

Hah, hah
Fall mountains, just don't fall on me
Go on mister Businessman,
You can't dress like me.
Nobody know what I'm talking about
I've got my own life to live
I'm the one that's gotta die
When it's time for me to die
So let me live my life the way... I want to.

Yeah . . .
Sing on brother,
Play on brother . . .
Imageù
psychy

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums