Seeking Bill Laudner

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Seeking Bill Laudner

Postby rosscrockford on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm a writer hoping to interview former road manager Bill Laudner. Can't find anything recent about him on the interwebs, so I thought I'd ask the forum. If you have any info, please PM me. Thanks!
rosscrockford

Re: Seeking Bill Laudner

Postby psychy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Any luck? 8)
Imageù
psychy

Postby rosscrockford on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Not yet ... any suggestions?
rosscrockford

Postby psychy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:13 pm

There must be someone here on the board that could help out....did you check the blog part of the forum??:)
Imageù
psychy

Postby rosscrockford on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks, Psychy. Checked the blog and did an advanced search of the forum, but no recent mentions of Bill Laudner. Any other ideas about who to contact?
rosscrockford

Postby psychy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:34 pm

rosscrockford wrote:Thanks, Psychy. Checked the blog and did an advanced search of the forum, but no recent mentions of Bill Laudner. Any other ideas about who to contact?

Try this link and see if it takes you yonder.......??!!
http://www.dismarc.org/index.php?form=s ... 0%5BGes%5D
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Bill Thompson, former Airplane manager, seems to me the person to contact.
That shouldn't be too hard. He has/had his own blog on this forum.
I was able to trace his business adress some 6 years ago. No, I don't have it anymore.
Or Jeff Tamarkin.
Or Craig Fenton.
redrabid

Postby rosscrockford on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I PM'd Bill Thompson, but the system says he hasn't been on the forum for quite a while. Found Jeff Tamarkin via his website, but Craig Fenton's appears to be down.

BTW, I tried sending this msg to you via PM, and the system shows it remaining in the Outbox, not in Sent Messages. Does the system hold PMs until they are approved by an administrator?
rosscrockford

Postby psychy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:02 am

rosscrockford wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I PM'd Bill Thompson, but the system says he hasn't been on the forum for quite a while. Found Jeff Tamarkin via his website, but Craig Fenton's appears to be down.

BTW, I tried sending this msg to you via PM, and the system shows it remaining in the Outbox, not in Sent Messages. Does the system hold PMs until they are approved by an administrator?

Well, Thompson and Fenton are 2 very good sources for what you are looking for, even though the latter is not well accepted here (and I don't know why?????!). Fenton wrote a most complete book on JA, full of images and rare info.; HE WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL i THINK. Ehm....I don't PM myself much on this forum, but I don't think pms have to be approved by admin. first. The pms that I did send in the past were actually sent by the system. Try querying one of the adminstrators about that:)
Imageù
psychy

Postby Adam Walker on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Hi All - forgive for our delayed response. Let us know if we can help as we're the system admins, Adam
Adam Walker
Forum Administrator
Jefferson Airplane Inc
Adam Walker
Site Admin

Postby Jack Lapp on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:31 am

I was wondering about Bill Laudner myself which brought me to this website. The last I saw Bill was at his home in Grass Valley but this has been a few years. I was driving the tour bus for Starship which he was road manager of at the time. After the tour I visited him in Grass Valley where he and his wife live and I'm sure he's still there.
Jack Lapp

Postby Adam Walker on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:36 pm

I am sorry but we're not much help here, have you tried Jorma?
http://jormakaukonen.com/management.php
Adam Walker
Forum Administrator
Jefferson Airplane Inc
Adam Walker
Site Admin

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions