White Rabbit

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

White Rabbit

Postby Edward Lion on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:47 pm

In the early sixties when I saw the film, "Alice In Wonderland" from Disney, I remember vividly the talking doorknob scene.
Then a few years later when the release of "White Rabbit" emerged, I heard the lyrics mention, "...remember what the doorknob said: feed your head." Then decades later I was told by everyone that it was "door mouse"! I just figured the lyrics were inspired by images from that movie. It's funny, but I still hear "doorknob." Am I really wrong?
Edward Lion

Re: White Rabbit

Postby MilkTrain on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:37 am

yeh, you are wrong and its Dormouse not Doormouse, from the latin "dormire" which means sleep
MilkTrain

Postby Edward Lion on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Thank you.
:shock:
Edward Lion

Postby redrabid on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Don't tell me that you didn't know that "White Rabbit" was inspired by Lewis Caroll's "Alice In Wonderland", which features among others the "Dormouse".
Feed your head! Read the book, it is a trip. No illegal substances needed.
What is happening to the world? Disney to gauge our lives?
I love Donald Duck though! Ever since 1954, when I saw him for the first time on paper in black and white.
By the way, welcome! We need lionhearted people on this forum, it's a bit quiet lately.
redrabid

Postby Edward Lion on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks. You are right. I should have read the book decades ago.
Shame on my interpretive analysis. OK.

My lion connection goes back to 1965. I've read a lot about them in the wild and in captivity.
I have worked with big cats (in captivity) since 1970. This includes raising a male lion cub from
the age of 4 and a half weeks to 15 years old. That's a seven pound boy to a 480 pound boy.
I continue to work with wild cats in captivity. (http://www.wildfelids.org) if you wish.
Edward Lion

Postby redrabid on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Now that is something I didn't expect. Not that you reacted so quickly, but that you are older than I thought you were and also that you shared one of your passions with us. That is rare on this forum.
Cats? Big cats? You make me jalous.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:43 am

Funny, I was talking about White Rabbit and AIW on St. Patrick's nite the local after a blues gig. I pity students in many parts of the world where they don't read AIW at school...it's such a wonderful story:)!

Imageù
psychy

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions