starship concert

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

starship concert

Postby elkaiam on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 am

so yeah tomorrow 4.9 im going to a starship concert some thing nice like 500 sitted guest.

any one know if there is a sligh chance of getting a couple of airplane songs?
elkaiam

Re: starship concert

Postby psychy on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 pm

I wonder how tha went......?
Imageù
psychy

Postby JoeD80 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:32 pm

I saw them play a free show at the park here in Los Angeles in August (well in the Valley near Los Angeles). They rocked! Paul seems to have a lot more energy than the last time I saw them play. Also he was smoking an electronic cigarette throughout the show. Guess he's finally trying to quit? To hear David Freiberg play the bass again is amazing (last time I saw them Chris Smith did the bass parts on his keyboards). It was a mix of older Airplane/Starship songs. Only newer material was a verse from On the Threshold of Fire was used in Pooneil. I wrote down most of the setlist but missed the first 10 minutes of the show:

Count on Me
Let's Get Together
Miracles
Wooden Ships
Crown of Creation
Fast Buck Freddie
Jane
Ballad of You & Me & Pooneil
White Rabbit
Volunteers

Encore:
With a Little Help from My Friends
Other Side of This Life

Paul Kantner - rhythm guitar/vocals
David Freiberg - bass/vocals
Cathy Richardson - vocals
Donny Baldwin - drums
Slick Aguilar - lead guitar
Jude Gold - 2nd lead guitar
Chris Smith - keyboards
JoeD80

Postby psychy on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:58 am

They could have done Today....it would be nice to hear Cathy on those vocals:):) 8)
Imageù
psychy

Postby elkaiam on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:15 pm

so yeah how was the concert

im proud to say it was the best concert i've seen in israel or got as an option to see her in the last 3 to 4 years and happy to say we got our share.

cosy 500 people show sitting down with boz to your table on demand ,and except for the one idiot, good crowd.

the song which i dag out from a site who took the bother of writing are:

Somebody to Love
Fresh Air
Crown of Creation
which they mention brought up in the 70th - 80th some thing some thing democratic elections (which makes me sad that you used to have Clinton there)
Wooden Ships
When the Earth Moves Again
Ballad Of You & Me & Pooneil
Volunteers in America
With a Little Help From My Friends
they ended one of the above with 15 seconds of 'rock and roll island' and it was perfect.
and another few songs i would say 40% airplane and the other 60% are to starship

i'de say that even with my cornered sit ,missing the keyboards in sight, wouldnt of dream to enjoy so much from the the preformance which, and she grace can handle greatly with out desappointment not even in an 'askimo' kind of level.you know i waited a good couple of month to get in the mood of writing this properly so let me say properly it was fucking great.

hope they'll come again.
elkaiam

Return to Open Forums