1 in 7!

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

1 in 7!

Postby redrabid on Tue May 01, 2012 1:53 pm

The end is near!
According to a recent poll one in seven people in the world believes that the world is gonna end soon. One in ten even is convinced that the Maya were right: December 21 2012 will be our last day. I find these results hard to accept: Not that many people can be high on dope! Personnally I am quite confident that I am going to be 104, many years from now.
But anyway, which side are you on? Are you among those "one in seven"?
Let's throw a party on december 21. Wooden ships won't save you. Believers, go out with a bang!
Not me, I'll be nursing a hangover December 22.
redrabid

Re: 1 in 7!

Postby psychy on Fri May 04, 2012 12:07 pm

The reply to this dilemma is a cinch.....strangely:):). In this kinda thing, the chance that "the end of the world" will happen is 50%----it's purely mathematical...even the Maya didn't get that :):)!!!
Anyway, after thinking about this for a long time, I cane to the conclusion that the "1 in 7" should not be wanting for the coming of the New Year (2013)...actually, they should be trying to the avoid the coming of the NY because it would mean the coming of the end of the world before that date:):):)!!!!...but knowing human nature all too well, even those nutcases will be in Times Square celebrating the NY (if it will ever come at this point....50% chance remember?!!!:).
PONDER PEOPLE PONDER:):):)!!!
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Fri May 04, 2012 2:04 pm

The end of the world is of course not a question of throwing a dime, it is not yes or no. The world is going to end, that is a 100% probability, but when? For all we know now, sometime far into the future. We humans won't be there to witness it, our species will have gone the way of the dinosaurs. The chance that the world will end this year is almost zero, no matter what all those crazy religions or ancient "wisdom" may have predicted over the ages.
We don't have to ponder our fate. We have to do some serious planning for a party.
Any excuse for a party is a good one, don't you think?
Even if it is a celebration of human superstition.
First record to be played: "Eve Of Destruction".
More suggestions are wellcome.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Fri May 04, 2012 3:19 pm

redrabid wrote:The end of the world is of course not a question of throwing a dime, it is not yes or no. The world is going to end, that is a 100% probability, but when? For all we know now, sometime far into the future. We humans won't be there to witness it, our species will have gone the way of the dinosaurs. The chance that the world will end this year is almost zero, no matter what all those crazy religions or ancient "wisdom" may have predicted over the ages.
We don't have to ponder our fate. We have to do some serious planning for a party.
Any excuse for a party is a good one, don't you think?
Even if it is a celebration of human superstition.
First record to be played: "Eve Of Destruction".
More suggestions are wellcome.

Yes, of course our Earth is going to end...it's inevitable....yes, the ? is ...WHEN axactly...that's where the 50% comesin, man:):):)....I believe in destiny and there's nothing we can do to change our destiny, no matter how hard we all try:):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Fri May 04, 2012 9:56 pm

Of course, also on the playlist for our "Panic! The End Is Near (Again)-Party": The House At Pooneil Corners".
redrabid

Postby psychy on Sat May 05, 2012 3:45 am

redrabid wrote:Of course, also on the playlist for our "Panic! The End Is Near (Again)-Party": The House At Pooneil Corners".

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8)
Imageù
psychy

Postby trident sam on Sat May 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Only one on the playlist

Wont get fooled again !
sam
trident sam

Postby psychy on Mon May 07, 2012 7:08 am

trident sam wrote:Only one on the playlist

Wont get fooled again !

I play that one when I think about bloody politics and politicians :) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :roll: :mrgreen:
Imageù
psychy

Postby Susan Butcher on Fri May 11, 2012 10:49 pm

I think it's rubbish. Attempts to predict the end of the world have had a zero percent success rate so far. But people who are really serious about the 2012 thing are talking about a drastic "shift in planetary consciousness" rather than the ka-blam-blooey end of the world. I was at panel discussion on 2012 recently; I gave up and left when someone said "It'll be great, just like a cosmic Facebook!"
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby psychy on Sat May 12, 2012 5:24 am

Susan Butcher wrote:I think it's rubbish. Attempts to predict the end of the world have had a zero percent success rate so far. But people who are really serious about the 2012 thing are talking about a drastic "shift in planetary consciousness" rather than the ka-blam-blooey end of the world. I was at panel discussion on 2012 recently; I gave up and left when someone said "It'll be great, just like a cosmic Facebook!"

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :mrgreen:
Imageù
psychy

Return to Open Forums