Slick goes Gaga

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby psychy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:06 pm

redrabid wrote:Samantha Fox?
Wasn't she the page 2 girl who made some records, not because she could sing but because her biggest talent were her boops that the marketing department could make wonders of?
As for image over content, no one beats Heavy Metal bands in that game, don't you think? Play Abba for me instead.
I like Metallica by the way.

The surface of things?
I am more interested in content as I said, hidden by commercial veils as it sometimes may be.


It's very simple really :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: .....I dig any artist that has taste, talent, guts, attitude, etc. and if by chance that artists has boobs or a big a**, well the better it is, but it's not compulsory :roll: :P :mrgreen: ....and I have covered SF and Melissa Etheridge here. As for CRAPPY Lady Gaga (what a STUPID SENSELESS name for a singer in any case :):) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :)), all I can say is that she HAS NO TALENT, NO ATTITUDE, NO TASTE.....just a pretty face.....NO BOOBS EITHER:):) 8) :evil: ......she is just RUST:):)!!! Oh by the way, I dig Metallica and ABBA as well (now Agnetha's a PRETY TALENTED baby, NOT MORONIC GAGA:):)), so there ya go:):)
Imageù
Image
User avatar
psychy
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am
Location: Bermuda Triangle

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby redrabid on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:06 am

Ahhh, Agnetha's big ass!
Could it be that your hormones are interfering with your musical taste?
redrabid
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby psychy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:04 am

redrabid wrote:Ahhh, Agnetha's big ass!
Could it be that your hormones are interfering with your musical taste?


Plz wake UP.....sometimes I think I'm talking to a sleepwalker here:):) :roll: :roll: :roll: ......didn't you read what I said before the thingie you quoted????? :twisted: :roll: :roll: :x ......I invite you to solemnly reconsider before replying :):) :D :mrgreen:
Imageù
Image
User avatar
psychy
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am
Location: Bermuda Triangle

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby redrabid on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:51 pm

To be honest, psychy, I was tempted, for a short while only, to post this on your "Female Rocker" thread. But no, this is the place.
Here is a singer as talented as Samantha Fox: Sabrina "Boys, Boys, Boys".
Google the video: She did make those boys jump.
redrabid
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 pm

I'll grant that Ms Ga has good voice, it's just a bit too "heuuurgh!" for my taste. The music's boring; it doesn't need to be interesting, the image is much more important.

Regarding the voice, it seems that there has been some Wayne Newton type speculation over her gender. In England "Lady Ga Ga's cock" is an expression meaning something obvious that is never admitted to.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
User avatar
Susan Butcher
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia.

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby redrabid on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:15 am

Oh no, not another Amanda Lear.
You haven't secretly been reading those papers you despise so much, have you Susan?
My, my, my, such gossip from the gutter.
Are we so used to the thin, nasal, whining voices of especially American female singers (Stevie Nicks!), that we can't appreciate a strong, full, dark female voice anymore? Has the stereotyping of women as little girls in pop music gone so far that a dark voice raises suspicions about gender?
But then again, we all know that England is in desparate need of good sexual education.
Here is some home work for you, Susan:
Listen to Helen Shapiro "Queen For Tonight".
redrabid
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby psychy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:01 am

redrabid wrote:To be honest, psychy, I was tempted, for a short while only, to post this on your "Female Rocker" thread. But no, this is the place.
Here is a singer as talented as Samantha Fox: Sabrina "Boys, Boys, Boys".
Google the video: She did make those boys jump.


You see, that's what I mean.......you're piling more GARBAGE onto more GARBAGE where the garbage here is Lady Gaga [i]in primis
and Sabrina right after that garbage:):):)!!! By the way, ypu're dishing out "homework" right, left and centre here but methinx you forgot to do your OWN homework or perhaps you just skipped music school all together:):):):):)
[/i]
Imageù
Image
User avatar
psychy
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am
Location: Bermuda Triangle

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby psychy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:03 am

Are we so used to the thin, nasal, whining voices of especially American female singers (Stevie Nicks!), that we can't appreciate a strong, full, dark female voice anymore? Has the stereotyping of women as little girls in pop music gone so far that a dark voice raises suspicions about gender?


I seriuosly hope you're not putting Grace's sweet/dark voice as well into this category??!!
Imageù
Image
User avatar
psychy
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am
Location: Bermuda Triangle

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby redrabid on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:21 am

Calm down, psychy, calm down. I can only hope that Susan's sense of humor is bigger than yours seems to be.
I still do my home work daily: I listen quite a lot to top-40 radio. That is most of the time a heavy task, I must admit, given today's producers-dominated music, that robs artists, even the ones that write their own material, of whatever personality they might have. But every now and then, an undeniable talent shines through, among others one whose name I dare not write again, lest your fury will descend on me.
As for Grace Slick, she is (how surprising for an Airhead) among my all time favorite singers. A truly unique voice, "that trick voice" as Jorma Kaukonen called it: A soft warm low and a steely, scathing high. And a personality to match.
redrabid
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby psychy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:09 am

redrabid wrote:Calm down, psychy, calm down. I can only hope that Susan's sense of humor is bigger than yours seems to be.
I still do my home work daily: I listen quite a lot to top-40 radio. That is most of the time a heavy task, I must admit, given today's producers-dominated music, that robs artists, even the ones that write their own material, of whatever personality they might have. But every now and then, an undeniable talent shines through, among others one whose name I dare not write again, lest your fury will descend on me.
As for Grace Slick, she is (how surprising for an Airhead) among my all time favorite singers. A truly unique voice, "that trick voice" as Jorma Kaukonen called it: A soft warm low and a steely, scathing high. And a personality to match.


Oh I'll calm down only if you don't start comparing Grace to Lady Sh*t Sh^t ...ooopss sorry, Gaga, for Christ's sake!! Now, I can barely "digest" comparing Fox, Etheridge, Gaga, etc. .......but let's not try to even remotely compare Grace and LG......you see, there's really NO margin for comparison at all:):)!!! So, I get where you're coming from...wanna talk top - 40 talented performers? Let's take Katy Perry for one......she pisses over LG's head 2:):):):)!!! :):):)!!!
Imageù
Image
User avatar
psychy
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am
Location: Bermuda Triangle

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby redrabid on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:19 pm

While I was reading your last post a vague memory came up. A record that was played in my favorite gay bar some time ago. I googled and yes! This one is going to make you very happy. Did you know that Samantha Fox and Sabrina combined their talents in a cover of Blondie"s "Call Me"?
I'll compare whoever I want.
redrabid
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby psychy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:19 am

redrabid wrote:While I was reading your last post a vague memory came up. A record that was played in my favorite gay bar some time ago. I googled and yes! This one is going to make you very happy. Did you know that Samantha Fox and Sabrina combined their talents in a cover of Blondie"s "Call Me"?
I'll compare whoever I want.


You can even put yer head into an oven and turn it up to over 250°C for all I care......whatever...ME?? I'm gonna stick to the TRUE REAL UNWIMPY music out there of the past and the present and not be a musical YESman thus subdueing to the OBNOXIOUS WIMPY sounds of Lady Sh* Sh+T and the REVOLTING like!!!:). You can BET on that :):):).
As for Sam duetting with Sabrina, perhaps that came about because there was eye contact between the 2??, hehehehehheheheheheheh :):):)!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Imageù
Image
User avatar
psychy
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am
Location: Bermuda Triangle

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:45 am

RR, I don't read English newspapers unless they arrive as wrapping, but I do read Viz, which is where that bit of rudeness came from.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
User avatar
Susan Butcher
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia.

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby psychy on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:RR, I don't read English newspapers unless they arrive as wrapping, but I do read Viz, which is where that bit of rudeness came from.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
Imageù
Image
User avatar
psychy
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:39 am
Location: Bermuda Triangle

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby redrabid on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:16 pm

Hey psychy! Nice to see that there is at least somebody as stubborn as me in trying to keep this forum alive.
Let's be cavemen and fight over women again.
On the radio I heard "This Girl Is On Fire" by Alicia Keys.
Why on earth is this song so succesful? Wooden production, uninspired lyrics and composition.
There's a cover (well,sort of) of this song that I like much better, sung by three lovely ladies:
Willam Belli -"Boy is A Bottom".
That blond singer is really hot, but I don't think she qualifies for your female rocker thread.
Those dark voices... Do you think...?
redrabid
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

cron