Slick goes Gaga

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Slick goes Gaga

Postby redrabid on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Lots of you youngsters who are so infatuated with Grace Slick hate Lady Gaga.
Well, here is a surprise for you: The object of your desire loves Lady Gaga: She sings and writes well and she comments on important issues. I can only agree.
Don't trust me? Google "Grace Slick gushes over Lady Gaga".
Are you willing to reconsider now?
redrabid

Re: Slick goes Gaga

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:36 am

I haven't considered her Ladyship at all, apart from lumping her with Madonna, but I don't see why Grace's opinion should make any difference.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby redrabid on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:01 pm

I never thought you would.
But I got a bit irritated by easy dismissals of Lady Gaga, even though it is not my kind of music. I always thought that there was more to be found behind Gaga's commercial veils. I see a strong and rather obvious resemblance between her and Grace Slick: strong women, very much their own mistress, good writers and singers but also remarkable performers with a leaning towards shock value. In this age where everyone wants to please I find that refreshing.
But, as you will know by now, I like confrontation.
redrabid

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:02 pm

I thought we lived in an age were we're supposed to like being shocked. That's what sells the papers and drives the internet. I love a free spirit, but gossip-mag shockers are naff. (This has nothing to do with music, so I'll get off here...)
Susan Butcher

Postby redrabid on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 pm

But Susan, don't you like those performers who make the gossip-mag (interestingly a creation of uptight british culture) writers go into a frenzy? Showing us by their indignation of being shocked how sanctimonious they are, those self-appointed defenders of values and morals. And how their readers are a pack of mindless morons.
Artists who know how to play that game have my appreciation.
It is not only amusing but also ehh, educating.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:11 am

:P :P :P 8) :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh am I gonna luv this!!!! I've gone thru most of the important motions in rock/music history; I've been more or less "inoculated" against all kinds of rock shockers and I've never stopped trying to understand and "digest" all the latest fads in music and art:):):) Having said this, I can SAFELY say that, personality-wise, Lady Gaga is sexy, but FAKE (i.e. she is not a real shocker, but a surrogate of all the rock-shock since '57 to our modern age :mrgreen: )...I mean I'd lay her any day if I had the chance, then I'd go have a hot DECONTAMINATING shower of course:):). Music-wise, LG is a COMPLETE MORONIC NO-NO...and yes, who cares if Slick likes her...she can like a Martian for all I care, hehehehehheheheheh....THAT will not make me hate Grace, be sure :):):).....I'm not that naive as all the Lady Gaga-lovers out there!!:) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . If LG's music is ART (because that is what TRUE music should be: A R T!!!!), then I?m King Arthue on Mars!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) ....and, do me a favour, if anyone wants to point out LG's record sales, numbers, awards...BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....forget it, it won't work with me.....I'm NOT that naive like the LG - lovers out there:):) :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: ....NO, I mean, Slick (her name is GRACE SLICK, by the way!!! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :mrgreen: ) never had the record sales that LG has, but Grace is LESS FAKE and a TRUE ARTIST unlike moronic LG!!:):) :mrgreen: :twisted: 8) ......and, in any case, who said that people who dig Grace Slick hate LG???? Never heard that anywhere actually......LG-lovers can dig a big, hairy c**k for all I care...THAT will NOT make me change my mind on TRUE music out there and on the fact that LG is worth ONLY A DIRTY F**K!!!:):)

Rob
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:41 pm

What do you mean, less fake and true art: Starship's "We Built This City On Rock And Roll", "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now"? Not to mention all the bullshit that was released by the also very commercial Jefferson Starship (with Grace Slick as writer and singer) after "Dragonfly"?. Do you really believe that Jefferson Airplane didn't intend to be a commercial succes from the beginning? Well, read the early interviews with Marty Balin (65/66 before the coming of Grace) and the very bitter remarks of members of Big Brother and the Holding Company about how JA knew very cunningly to manipulate the media to become the icon of "hippianity", creating a veil of Love, Peace and Happiness (and "true art"), that we all know by now wasn't exactly the truth of JA.
Spencer Dryden: "We never were hippies, we all had guns".
Artists have to deal with the industry, as I know by personal experience, but what matters is content. Lady Gaga does a nice job, i think. Just as Madonna did, years ago. Yes, I understand why Lady Gaga was considered to be the most influential artist some time ago. Thank god it was her and not Justin Bieber. Or DJ AfroJack or David Guerra, flying around the world in their private jets to play their collection of pleasing, neo-hippy records to huge conformist audiences higly strung on mind numbing drugs.
Last edited by redrabid on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:57 pm

redrabid wrote:What do you mean, less fake and true art: "We Built This City On Rock And Roll". "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now"? Not to mention all the bullshit that was released by the very commercial Jefferson Starship after "Dragonfly"?. Do you really believe that Jefferson Airplane didn't intend to be a commercial succes from the beginning? Well, read the early interviews with Marty Balin (65/66 before the coming of Grace) and the very bitter remarks of members of Big Brother and the Holding Company about how JA knew very cunningly to manipulate the media to become the icon of "hippianity", creating a veil of Love, Peace and Happiness, that we all know by now wasn't exactly the truth of JA.
Spencer Dryden: "We never were hippies, we all had guns".

WE all know that...I wasn't born yesterday...UNLike the MORONS who listen to LG!!!:):)....what's PURE SHIT here is LG and her MORONIC music, thats aLL_=_:):) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:12 pm

You don't have to like LG's music (I don't) to appreciate what she does.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:11 pm

redrabid wrote:You don't have to like LG's music (I don't) to appreciate what she does.

As I said before, I'd sure like to lay LG....ooops sorry, she might not like men, hehehehheheheheheheh :):):) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted:
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:39 pm

As my mother told me: "Don't you dare to speak of women like this".
She was right of course.
Your last post, psychy, showed how important strong female artists like Lady Gaga are.
redrabid

Postby psychy on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:30 pm

redrabid wrote:As my mother told me: "Don't you dare to speak of women like this".
She was right of course.
Your last post, psychy, showed how important strong female artists like Lady Gaga are.

There are far more IMPORTANT ladies out there that are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more talented and LESS moronic than LG......Samantha Fox and Melissa Etheridge (just to name 2 of hordes out there!!!!, they are both TRUE ladies, lesbians and I LUV THEM:):):):)
Last edited by psychy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imageù
psychy

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:33 pm

To answer your earlier question, RR, I already know the gossip-mongers are cynically exploiting idiots. I don't want to join this game of outrage even as an amused observer, because the cynics want my money and attention too. The game has nothing to do with music. The music is like the horrible bit of dried-up bubble gum you get with the coloured swap cards.

Yes, I'm British; I'm tweed on the outside, and day-glo on the inside. I'm less concerned with the surface of things than you are.
Susan Butcher

Postby psychy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:07 am

In TRUE MUSIC = ART, the surface never really counted that much.....even in the glam years, there were TALENTED glams and UNTALENTED GLAMS!!:). Today we have GOLD & PLATINUM & PURE SHIT, where the latter is UNQUESTIONABLY Lady Gaga and the former is Jefferson Airplane!!!:):)
'Nuff said :):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby redrabid on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:12 pm

Samantha Fox?
Wasn't she the page 2 girl who made some records, not because she could sing but because her biggest talent were her boops that the marketing department could make wonders of?
As for image over content, no one beats Heavy Metal bands in that game, don't you think? Play Abba for me instead.
I like Metallica by the way.

The surface of things?
I am more interested in content as I said, hidden by commercial veils as it sometimes may be.
redrabid

Next

Return to Open Forums