My (fake) "lost" Airplane Lp cover

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

My (fake) "lost" Airplane Lp cover

Postby Lather69 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:14 am

I've seen a few "What If..." threads on this board, and since I've been a little obsessive with photo-editing software lately, I mocked up a "lost" Airplane Lp. The idea came from a little reference I read in the liner notes for the "Loves You" box-set that said RCA had intended to release an Lp in early '68 of largely previously recorded but unreleased material (similar to what "Early Flight" actually was), but that the disc was scrapped for forgotten reasons. I made up an album cover for it. The title "Fresh Today" was actually (according to one old book I read) the working title name for the '71 album that eventually became "Bark." I made it a wraparound cover, in keeping with trends of the times. The fold is just to the left of Jorma.

Probably can't read the tracks listing, but I compiled a number of (at that time) unreleased tracks, along with the then-current released single. Here's the list:

Side One
Greasy Heart
Things Are Better In the East
Come Back Baby
the Saga of Sydney Spacepig
Share a Little Joke

Side Two
Would You Like a Snack?*
Don't Let Me Down
Go To Her
the Ballad of You & Me & Pooneil (extended jam version)
J.P.P. McStep B. Blues
*Special guest appearance by Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention

Whaddaya think?

jefferson-airplane by josephoconnell69, on Flickr
Lather69

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions