Ken Russell gone practically unnoticed:(:(

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Ken Russell gone practically unnoticed:(:(

Postby psychy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:42 am

Funny how many people didn't remember about the passing of one of the greatest film directors ever.....RIP Ken, loved "Altered States"....you will be remembered by ME anyway:(

By blackglove at 2011-12-01
By blackglove at 2011-12-06
Imageù
psychy

Re: Ken Russell gone practically unnoticed:(:(

Postby redrabid on Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:40 pm

The man was quite a character. Flamboyant, with a very endearing fascination for sex and religion. But of all his movies I only like "Women In Love" (1969), based on the monumental novel by D.H. Lawrence (one of my favorite writers of all time). Though "The Devils" is at times very funny: Louis XIII shooting "birds" for instance. "Tommy" is the most pathetic, sentimental and so the worst music The Who ever released. I never saw the movie. "Altered States" has William Hurt, one of those actors that makes me leave the theatre screaming (just as Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams and Meryl Streep , in fact all those Method actors. I prefer the English approach to acting).
redrabid

Postby psychy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:17 pm

redrabid wrote:The man was quite a character. Flamboyant, with a very endearing fascination for sex and religion. But of all his movies I only like "Women In Love" (1969), based on the monumental novel by D.H. Lawrence (one of my favorite writers of all time). Though "The Devils" is at times very funny: Louis XIII shooting "birds" for instance. "Tommy" is the most pathetic, sentimental and so the worst music The Who ever released. I never saw the movie. "Altered States" has William Hurt, one of those actors that makes me leave the theatre screaming (just as Dustin Hoffman, Robin Williams and Meryl Streep , in fact all those Method actors. I prefer the English approach to acting).

Concerning WHO's worst music, Who's Next is the worst in rock history methinx:):). I don't watch movies directed by GREAT directors like KR for the actors in them, but for the overall mastery in cinematography :):):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:50 am

Don't say that about "Who's Next", or you'll upset all the Americans here!
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Why shouldn't and wouldn't we be upsetting the Amers? There are only a sad minority of descendants of true Americans left anyway.The original people that made the USA great - their spirit and mindset are long gone eaten by the melting pot and ill-taught multicultural experiment.

Is there an honest Dixie soul on here ? I'd like to exchange some thoughts with them occasionally .
Last edited by okeedoe on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Yeah, were have they gone? There's also more people from the east side of Australia than you'd expect.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby redrabid on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:37 pm

You blame the melting pot, Okeedoe? Isn't that a little bit reactionary (I know, outdated terminology)?
Why not those christian zealots whose forefathers sought the freedom offered to them by the founders of the USA, but seem to deny that freedom to others?The original principles that are the foundations of the USA are far more "liberal" than most of those "Dixies" are willing to admit.
Ahh, where have the times gone of Blue Mink?
redrabid

Postby psychy on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:Yeah, were have they gone? There's also more people from the east side of Australia than you'd expect.

Trueblue from Wollongong here :):):):):)
Imageù
psychy

Return to Open Forums