Marty & Grace - Love/Hate

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Re: Marty & Grace - Love/Hate

Postby psychy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 am

QueenSlick wrote:In my summing up of this relationship and having read two books about JA. I think Marty protests too much about not sleeping with Grace. His comments about her wanting him all along was classic. Did it ever occur to Marty that maybe Grace didn't want him? He really comes across as a bitter, whiny brat in the Got A Revolution book and his venom for Grace is nothing but pure jealousy. It's almost like it kills him to say anything good about her.

As for his assumption that Grace wanted him all along over anyone in the band... I don't buy it.

I think if Grace really wanted Marty, she would have had him rapidoooooooo:):) :mrgreen: :evil: .......there is NO man alive who can resist the temptations of a woman esp of such a beautiful woman as Grace :):):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:01 am

There is almost no "border" between true love and pure hate.

The proverb says" there is a THIN line between love and hate":):):):)!! :evil: :evil:
Imageù
psychy

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:41 pm

psychy wrote:: .......there is NO man alive who can resist the temptations of a woman esp of such a beautiful woman as Grace :):):)

I agree, but then, Marty was no normal man, he was slightly authistic and had to struggle with it his entire life! Maybe that has also somehting to do with his attitude.
CookOfTheHouse

Postby QueenSlick on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Why did Marty take the poster of Grace out of that casing on his video? He took out a poster of her and folded it and walked off with it.

Possibly to laminate it and jack off to later, who knows?
Strawberry Sheets Forever
QueenSlick

Postby psychy on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:48 pm

QueenSlick wrote:Why did Marty take the poster of Grace out of that casing on his video? He took out a poster of her and folded it and walked off with it.

Possibly to laminate it and jack off to later, who knows?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil: 8)
Imageù
psychy

Postby QueenSlick on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Strawberry Sheets Forever
QueenSlick

Postby Susan Butcher on Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Nice picture. So Marty was mental not to fancy her? I'm talking through my hat here because I've never met her, but that legendary "Grace Slick" kind of personality wouldn't appeal to everyone. It appeals to me because I'm not much like her, but it would be a pain having to live with someone who says and does just exactly what they like all the time.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:23 am

''it would be a pain having to live with someone who says and does just exactly what they like all the time"(true, true)
I wonder why does it sound familiar to me ?I must have heard it somewhere before.

Et tu, Sue ?(kidding )
Last edited by okeedoe on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby psychy on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:57 am

If the people around you always do what they want to do, it's OK by me....esp if it's Grace Slick :):):) 8) 8) :evil:
Imageù
psychy

Postby TakeMeOnYourFlight on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:38 pm

I found it really interesting when Marty mentions in one of his videos that he wasn't initially going to be part of the '89 Airplane reunion but Grace refused to be involved unless he was a part of it.
"I know it's hard to defend an unpopular policy once in a while." - Zappa
TakeMeOnYourFlight

Postby psychy on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:23 pm

TakeMeOnYourFlight wrote:I found it really interesting when Marty mentions in one of his videos that he wasn't initially going to be part of the '89 Airplane reunion but Grace refused to be involved unless he was a part of it.

That's because Grace knew Marty's talent.....could you picture JA without Marty in it???!:):):):) :mrgreen:
Imageù
psychy

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:43 am

Quite right. You can have respect for someone as an artist even if you don't like them personally.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby Bluzman on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Icompletely agree with a previous poster...Marty completely comes across as a major "whiner" in the "Revolution" book...Huge ego and yes, extremely jealous of Grace. Interestingly, I have never read anything to compare, coming from Grace. Yes, as all the fans know, she is not big on love ballads, ect, but she completely supports the democratic process that the Airplane had. I always found it VERY annoying the way that Marty would obnoxously try to out sing Grace in some of their recorded concerts of the late sixties. He would literally try to drown her out with his vocal excess. He had his due in the J.S years and should be more gracious in his reflections of the past. It is a fact, that Grace Slick did , put the Airplane on the national map with her two signature tunes and this was clearly too much for Marty's ego.
Bluzman

Previous

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions