Most "Starship" like

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Most "Starship" like

Postby Mellow Gold on Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:23 pm

I was just havin' a thought and what it came down to is this. Wich Jefferson Airplane song feels more like a Jefferson Starship song. For me its Twilight Double Leader. What do the rest of you think?
Mellow Gold

Postby Box Of Rain on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:23 am

I'd have to say "Easter". Grace does a little belting but mostly rants with a pretty minimal vocal melody, with some banging piano chords. It makes me think of "Devil's Den".
"War's good business, so give your sons
But I'd rather have my country die for me" ~ Grace Slick, Rejoyce 1967
Box Of Rain

Re: Most "Starship" like

Postby ceangle13 on Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:14 pm

Mellow Gold wrote:I was just havin' a thought and what it came down to is this. Wich Jefferson Airplane song feels more like a Jefferson Starship song. For me its Twilight Double Leader. What do the rest of you think?
For me it would be When the Earth Moves Again. Still scifi but definitely gettin a little poppy. Try this: Which Jefferson starship song sounds more like a Jefferson Airplane song? Can you pick one?
ceangle13

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:01 pm

I think Play On Love comes the closest to a Airplane song. I don't really now why, it just does.

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:06 pm

I think Play On Love comes the closest to a Airplane song. I don't really now why, it just does.

Postby Box Of Rain on Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:06 am

I'd have to say "Be Young You". Kinda like a watered down "Rejoyce"... or "Crazy Miranda"... or "Aerie".... or really any of Grace's piano-rants. Definitely feels more Airplanish than the rest of Dragonfly.

Oh, or maybe Hyperdrive! That's kinda reminiscent of the Airplane's long jams...
"War's good business, so give your sons
But I'd rather have my country die for me" ~ Grace Slick, Rejoyce 1967
Box Of Rain

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions