The New Grace Slick

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

The New Grace Slick

Postby SuperSlick66 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:58 am

Florence Welch

I just attended a Florence & The Machine Concert and to say the least I think I experienced seeing the modern day Grace. It's incredible and moving <3 :oops: Florence is a musical genius just like Gracie- lyrics and voice are simply perfection for them both.

Quick comparison with youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV2UcdzBvok&feature=player_embedded#at=69
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0&feature=player_embedded#at=135

"The young Florence would dance on top of it with her father to Love, The Incredible String Band, The Smiths and The Velvet Underground.
"But my mum only listened to Tom Jones and The Monkees," she says. "And collectively that's what I sound like - Tom Jones, The Monkees, The Velvet Underground and The Incredible String Band."
Asked to name her musical heroes, there is a long pause before she picks Grace Slick from Jefferson Airplane because she named her daughter god as a joke. "
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7813609.stm
ImageImage
There was a time when all the people in the village would come out just to smile.
SuperSlick66

Re: The New Grace Slick

Postby psychy on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:55 am

I love Flo and her lyrics and how she gets the arrangements right in her songs, but to say that she is the new Grace Slick is a bit wishful thinking :shock: :shock: . If we compare Flo to CRAP like Lady Gaga, of course I would back the former...any 'ol day :):):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm afraid I have to agree with psychy... I'm sure she's amazing in her own way but never the new Grace... I don't think I've hear any contemporary singer with suck amazing vocals. What ever happened to China Kantner? Can she sing? I heard she has joined her mother onstage several times but CAN she sing?
CookOfTheHouse

Postby psychy on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:41 pm

CookOfTheHouse wrote:I'm afraid I have to agree with psychy... I'm sure she's amazing in her own way but never the new Grace... I don't think I've hear any contemporary singer with suck amazing vocals. What ever happened to China Kantner? Can she sing? I heard she has joined her mother onstage several times but CAN she sing?

There are many files/ photos that prove that China can sing, how well I don't know though.....but if it's like daughter like mom, we're on the right track :):):):):)
Imageù
psychy

Return to Open Forums