60's Chicks

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

60's Chicks

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Girls seem to be having a lot of fun with their list of hot Frisco dudes, but what about us? Who was the hottest gir in the sixties? Gracie? Twiggy? Edie Sedgwick? Judy Dyble? Lydia Pense? Michelle Phillips? I think this list can be pretty extense.

So, who do you nominate?

I think I vote for Michelle Phillips!

CookOfTheHouse

Re: 60's Chicks

Postby MilkTrain on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:03 am

Definitely the No 1 is... Grace Slick...2,Janis Joplin... 3,Nico... 4, Cass Elliot.
MilkTrain

Postby oldblue on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:55 pm

irene ryan
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." — George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
oldblue

Postby MilkTrain on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Granny!
MilkTrain

Postby justin_ruch1180 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:25 pm

No contest!my vote goes to michelle philips.
justin_ruch1180

Postby redrabid on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Why, Cook, do you think in us (boys,men) and them (girls and women)? Why do you think that the choice of the most handsome man is fun for girls only. It obviously isn't. Babson isn't a girl. I am not. It is not a sexual thing, handsome is not necessarily the same as "hot".
As for 60s girls/women ("chicks" is too sexist compared to "man" in the original question), my answer is Grace Slick of course, personality above all, but ah, dark hair and blue eyes! And that Voice!
Ursula Andress, rising out of the sea in the first Bond movie, I thought very beautiful too. She made a big impression on me. But not as much as Sean Connery in the same movie, but here I myself digress to things sexual.
Who do you, Cook, think is the most handsome man?
redrabid

Postby demicami on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 pm

my list-

michelle philips
grace slick
nico

hey any nice ones in the Ace of Cups?
demicami

Postby redrabid on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Let's hope so. I wasn't very impressed by their vocal qualities.
redrabid

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 pm

redrabid wrote:Why, Cook, do you think in us (boys,men) and them (girls and women)? Why do you think that the choice of the most handsome man is fun for girls only. Cook, think is the most handsome man?

I didn't mean to offend anyone in anyway with this subject! And I always thought you were a girl since I misread your nickname as "redbraid" and only now i payed special atention, I'm sorry about that.

I do think picking the most handsome man is fun for girls, I never saw myself or any of my friends doing it, or my dad and his friends speaking about the subject but I've heard my sister and my female friends talking about it (and they do it pretty often!)

And who do I think is the most handsome man? I've given this a lot of thought and my conclution might sound a little silly but I think it'd be my dad.

demicami wrote:my list-
hey any nice ones in the Ace of Cups?

Their drummer was really hot... Diane Vitalich. I was meaning to post a pick of her but i can't find it... it displays the girl waving her hair while drumming.

Yeah, I Found it!!

I hope noone else gets offended by the subject, but thanks againd redrabid for pointing it out 'cause I didn't notice it might sound offensive. I hope everything's alright now!
CookOfTheHouse

Postby redrabid on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:19 am

No need to apologize, Cook, these are innocent games. I just thought your assumptions interesting.
And I want to add that I really do appreciate your contributions to keep this forum alive.
redrabid

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:15 am

redrabid wrote:No need to apologize, Cook, these are innocent games. I just thought your assumptions interesting.
And I want to add that I really do appreciate your contributions to keep this forum alive.

Grrreat redrabid! BFF??
CookOfTheHouse

Postby psychy on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:38 am

:P :P :P I noticed the chix posted here had something to do with music.......my TV girlfriend at age 10 was absolutely Peggy Lipton who playe JUlie in the 60s TV series Mod Squad.............so spunky:):)!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18AlBjd4z9U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug1AS3yy ... re=related

By blackglove at 2011-03-26
By blackglove at 2011-03-26
Imageù
psychy

Postby usedtobebabson on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:33 am

CookOfTheHouse wrote:Girls seem to be having a lot of fun with their list of hot Frisco dudes, but what about us? Who was the hottest gir in the sixties? Gracie? Twiggy? Edie Sedgwick? Judy Dyble? Lydia Pense? Michelle Phillips? I think this list can be pretty extense.

So, who do you nominate?

I think I vote for Michelle Phillips!

She was the one for me also 8) With Nico 2nd... I was too into the JA music, to pay that kind of attention to Grace.
Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
Where have all the young men gone? Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
usedtobebabson

Postby psychy on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:32 am

I was too into the JA music, to pay that kind of attention to Grace.

I could NEVER listen / watch JA perform without watching the SHEER beauty of Grace:):):):)!!!!
Imageù
psychy

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:46 am

I nominate Sandie Shaw, the first pop singer not to have her hair stuck up with plastic goo.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Next

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions