"What the Dormouse said..."

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Re: "What the Dormouse said..."

Postby usedtobebabson on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:31 am

Feed your head - Ok I'll take a stab. It was the rally cry of the counter culture. We were sorting through the establishment, tossing things that kept us from a better place. We tossed things like traditional war, love, hair length, dress length, general clothes style. We referred to ourselves as "heads", i.e. he's a good head...It seems in retrospect it was just a common feeling we all felt, and flashing the peace sign and being freaky was the form of greeting, as in "are you with it?" "Are you hip?". So feed your head fit in so nicely with the counter culture, as in feed that "head" mindset....and everyone kept the "head" theme going 'n growing... "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end...."
Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
Where have all the young men gone? Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
usedtobebabson

Postby psychy on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 am

usedtobebabson wrote:Feed your head - Ok I'll take a stab. It was the rally cry of the counter culture. We were sorting through the establishment, tossing things that kept us from a better place. We tossed things like traditional war, love, hair length, dress length, general clothes style. We referred to ourselves as "heads", i.e. he's a good head...It seems in retrospect it was just a common feeling we all felt, and flashing the peace sign and being freaky was the form of greeting, as in "are you with it?" "Are you hip?". So feed your head fit in so nicely with the counter culture, as in feed that "head" mindset....and everyone kept the "head" theme going 'n growing... "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end...."

Thanx for those words.......I was only 10 years old in the "Summer of Love", but I rapidly grew into that philosophy....and my motto was always "....psychedelic music is IN with tyme..."::):):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:58 am

JohnBSails wrote:If this nice blue planet will survive all the shit that people do, and we have the year 2525. It doesn't matter what
kind of media we have to use, the words of war & religion will be there to. Oh what a surprise ! Maybe we will
scratch the shit on rocks again. Because there isn't paper, we did use that on the toilets. The holy books of
war & religion are used on the toilets to, oh what a fun to do. Let the rocks roll for ever. Oh what a shame....

Right on man:):):)
Imageù
psychy

Postby Anne Marie on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:03 pm

Wow, that one made me get tears in my eyes...yes, I do remember those days. And I miss the sounds and the smells and the sights and the feel of the Haight-Ashbury. It really was an incredible time. It was all so very REAL.
Anne Marie

Previous

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions