Grace's Common Market Madrigal

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Grace's Common Market Madrigal

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Aparently "Common Market Madrigal" is a song written by Gracie and performed by Jefferson Airplane but I can't seem to find it! Does anyone know anything about this track? Which album was being recorded at the time it was done, anything?
CookOfTheHouse

Re: Grace's Common Market Madrigal

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks John B. I noticed I neverr really considered the reunion album as a real JA album so I didn't even check it out to see the song list! It sure sucks!! I heard the common Market Madrigal on a live performance by Kantner and Slick (something about Nicaragua) in the late eighties and they introduce it as a song Grace wrote and they are still doing the arrangements for it, so Gracie plays it alone at her piano for the audience and she says it's the first time she ever played piano and sung alone in front of an audience and it's the last time she does too!
CookOfTheHouse

Re: Grace's Common Market Madrigal

Postby psychy on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:39 am

CookOfTheHouse wrote:Thanks John B. I noticed I neverr really considered the reunion album as a real JA album so I didn't even check it out to see the song list! It sure sucks!! I heard the common Market Madrigal on a live performance by Kantner and Slick (something about Nicaragua) in the late eighties and they introduce it as a song Grace wrote and they are still doing the arrangements for it, so Gracie plays it alone at her piano for the audience and she says it's the first time she ever played piano and sung alone in front of an audience and it's the last time she does too!

Interestiing :) 8)
Imageù
psychy

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions