Please allow me to introduce myself...

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Postby Lather69 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Hello, I am a longtime Airplane fan and occasional troller on this site and I thought I'd register and say hello. (Hope your all having a great Thanksgiving.) Since I've logged on, I'll take the time to ask a few random Airplane related questions that I've always wondered about.

1. This is silly, but it's always bugged me - on Bless It's Pointed Little Head, just after the band finishes "3/5 of a Mile..." and the crowd cheers, Grace says something to the audience that I've never been able to make out. It sounds as if she's saying "Stomp on them chorus" or "Sominem, of course!" Neither of which makes any sense (to me.) What IS she saying?

2. Reading the liner notes for the "Jefferson Airplane Loves You" box set one day, I saw that the songs "Things Are Better In the East" and "Don't Let Me Down" were both originally intended to be released on a Spring, '68 lp that was scrapped. The notes state that the record was going to be a collection of unreleased studio & live recordings. Anybody else know what was going to be on this lp and why it was scrapped?

3. I recalled once reading an interview with Grace Slick (circa 1969/70) in which she said that Little Richard (of all people) sat in on some studio recordings, and that he jammed with the band. None of that apparently ended up on a released album (I'm sure he would've been credited as a guest musician), but do any booteg recordings of these sessions exist?
Lather69

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself...

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Hey, welcome to the forum!!

Sadly I can only answer your first question! Grace says "Some o' them chords", as a reference to Jorma's amazingly fast fingerings.

Things are better in the east was ment to be released on Crown Of Creation but somehow wasn't, and the only thing I know about Don't Let Me Down is that it was sometimes performed live as a medley with Somebody To Love, sounds great.

Have a great day!

Bob.
CookOfTheHouse

Postby redrabid on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Joey Covington invited Little Richard for the recording sessions of a song he wrote: "Bludgeon Of A Bluecoat". Allegedly, much to the surprise (and chagrin) of other Airplane members. The song was never released. You can find on this forum several posts begging where those recordings can be heard. No answers. And maybe it is a good thing that the tapes of those recordings are guarded so well. It is a lousy song, as some bootlegs of Airplane performances ca. 1970-1971 show." Gimme a C, gimme an O , gimme a P". aww.
redrabid

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Bludgeon Of A Bluecoat?? That sucks!! I was hoping for something crazy, like Saga of Sydney Spacepig or Would You Like A Snack, but that song really sucks!!
CookOfTheHouse

Postby PrayForPlagues on Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Mm, yeah, I've always kinda wanted to know what Grace was saying on Bless Its. Makes sense.
And I can assume it was probably scrapped because those songs had a lack of Grace- she was absent from those sessions (I read that in the Fenton book) and I don't remember reading what else could have been on the record. I know Greasy Heart had been written as early as late 1967. So had Share a Little Joke.
Bludgeon is a hit or miss. Some recordings I have of it, Joey does a ridiculous cartoony voice. Others aren't so bad. I have to say I do really like his song 'Whatever The Old Man Does'.
ta tvam asi
PrayForPlagues

Postby Sugar70 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:05 pm

The song was never released.
You can find on this forum several posts begging where those recordings can be heard.

Postby jobycat on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:11 am

Farout i got this far. Still pushing just cant wait for the , uh yea can we just ok cool 'hollor back'
jobycat

Postby jobycat on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:17 am

Dig it. Im not replying to the last post etc... Please forgive....
I just got done with my 48 week Pegasys treatment and I lost all my fear. Where does shit like that go??? I need to pour not from within but with all. I must feed my head. the rest of the road must be grand
jobycat

Postby psychy on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Welcome here....I'm not actually new here...and let alone to JA and Grace Slick....I was here before...many moons ago...KeEP ON KEEPIN' ON MAN :)
Imageù
psychy

Postby Malster on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:18 am

Hello I am new here, I can't understand this forum.
Any one can explain me and help me And welcome to you here hope your problems will be solved.
Chandler Homes for Sale
Last edited by Malster on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malster

Postby psychy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Malster wrote:Hello I am new here, I can't understand this forum.
Any one can explain me and help me And welcome to you here hope your problems will be solved.

Hello and welcome.....pray, what don't you get??!:)
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Yes, I have to admit it looks quite dead at the moment....so it's our job to get the JA forum up and lively again :)
Imageù
psychy

Return to Open Forums