Paul Kantner's Windowpane Collective

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Paul Kantner's Windowpane Collective

Postby abc123 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:11 am

Anyone heard of this just released collection of songs by Paul Kantner's Windowpane Collective "Volume 1; A Martian Christmas"?
http://windowpanecollective.com/
Features Paul Kantner, David Freiberg, Darby Gould, Jack Traylor, Linda Imperial, Cathy Richardson, and several others.
abc123

Re: Paul Kantner's Windowpane Collective

Postby abc123 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:24 am

Am I the only one who has actually listened to this?
There is some really nice stuff on it. I especially like the catchy version of Four Strong Winds, Matty Groves ( is this Jack Traylor singing?), Run Run Rudolph rocks out, Christmas on Mars (great song, I wonder who is singing it, Jack Traylor again?), Paul Kantner's Christmas-version of Have You Seen The Star (Tonight), and of course Paul's recital of 't Was The Night Before Christmas.
Thanks to all involved in this project.
abc123

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Wow, I actually never even heard of this before! I'm not a big fan of Kantner at all but i'll give it a try! Specially since I was looking for an Airplane Christmas Song and wasn't able to find any!!
CookOfTheHouse

Postby PrayForPlagues on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty active on Paul's website and he had made an announcement about it back in November and I had pre ordered it and I was able to download it like on Christmas eve. It's pretty good- not really amazing- because there's a mix of really good and some really (to be honest) lame stuff. I like the dubstep influence and I'm excited for the next release.
Yes- Jack Trayler (sic) plays banjo and acoustic guitar and sings on the album.
ta tvam asi
PrayForPlagues

Postby abc123 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:28 am

I agree, there are some really nice tracks in this release. Forgot to mention Little Drummer Boy, another fine version.
I hope we will hear more in the future.
Good to know that Jack Traylor is still making music. I liked his album with Steelwind on the Grunt-label, which, by the way, still seems to be available in CD-form on jacktraylor.com.
@ CookOfTheHouse: well, it is not really Airplane christmas-songs, but Jorma Kaukonen released an album in 1996, aptly titled "Christmas".
abc123

Postby Sugar70 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:04 pm

It's pretty good- not really amazing- because there's a mix of really good and some really (to be honest) lame stuff.
I like the dubstep influence and I'm excited for the next release.

Postby abc123 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:21 am

According to their website Volume 2 "Venusian Love Songs" from the Windowpane Collective is in the making.
Features Paul Kantner, David Freiberg, Marty Balin, Cathy Richardson, Darby Gould, Diana Mangano, Slick Aguilar, Chris Smith, Linda Imperial and more.
It is supposed to have "all new recordings of original material as well as new versions of timeless favorites".
Realease date should be in time for Valentine's Day.
abc123

Return to Open Forums