Jefferson Airplane/Starship Christmas Song

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Jefferson Airplane/Starship Christmas Song

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Is there such a song? I know many bands recorded christmas songs The Beatles, The Wings... Does the Airplane or any of its incarnations ever record a Christmas song??
CookOfTheHouse

Re: Jefferson Airplane/Starship Christmas Song

Postby Dormouse on Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:48 pm

No, not the Jefferson Airplane anyway. However, there is one for Easter that I like to listen to around this time of year.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby Susan Butcher on Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:31 pm

Well, I should hope not!
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Nah, but Easter? has nothing to do with Christmas, it's kinda more like an easter song...
I know it would be weird for guys like the Airplane to release a Christmas song but it was worth the try!
CookOfTheHouse

Postby okeedoe on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:12 pm

I also wish they(the christian part of band) had had the religious enlightenment and wrote a few religious songs.Perhaps about the Epiphany, babtism of Jesus or about St. John the Baptist- my favourite saint ? Oh joy,oh bliss!I'm having a spiritual orgasm at the very thought of it.

By the way,did you know that Jesus was an Aryan ?He was an illegitimate child of a German legionnaire and Legatus Legionis's wife.The Legatus was pissed off when he found out and rose hell to find the child and kill him.The rest you know.

(400 years in the Purgatory for this one is in order)
okeedoe

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:20 pm

Clint Eastwood and grace Slick recorded a song?? For real?? Where can i get it??
CookOfTheHouse

Postby redrabid on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Okeedoe, you know that Paul Kantner is really the Hidden Prophet of Divine Debauchery, as he was the one who revealed to us that Jesus had a son by Mary Magdalene.
Now you surely also know that every living person on earth is said to be descended from Charlemagne (well, that is written any time some royal person degrades him/herself by marrying a civilian, who then is discovered to have inherited blue blood from an ancestor way back).
Now Jesus lived a long, long time before Charlemagne, so he must have a lot more descendants than Charlemagne, more than everyone on earth!
So my point is, we are all descended from Jesus, we have god-genes, we are all omnipotent and omniscient. So we can change history, we can make Jefferson Airplane record a Christmas song in say 1969.
Now that is some change we can believe in!
Let's do it!
And tomorrow Jefferson Airplane's Xmas song "Snorting Snow" will be on the net.
Last edited by redrabid on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
redrabid

Postby redrabid on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:36 am

Jefferson Airplane will release their first Christmas single "Snow On The Christmas Table" on November 26th 1969. Rumors that originally the song's title was to be "Snorting Snow", but was changed under pressure by RCA are denied by both the record company and the band.
The single was produced by Glyn Johns who gave Jefferson Airplane a clear and defined sound, steering the band away from the muddled sound that mars their recent album "Volunteers" so much. The single showcases the newly regained enjoyment of their vocal battles by Marty Balin and Grace Slick, while the band gives a raunchy, blistering performance that makes it clear why JA decided to keep Spencer Dryden on board as their drummer.
redrabid

Postby okeedoe on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:47 pm

That's a nice short review ,Red.One thing is missing, though.Tell us that infamous,a little known story about how Kaukonen managed to stay in tune this time(with a little help from his friends and Grace's whip )
okeedoe

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions