"Mexico" - CHARLIE

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Re: "Mexico" - CHARLIE

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Most economic activities have criminal connections, because a certain amount of dishonesty is essential for success in business. Anyway, I don't think drug consumption can easily be limited by legislation. That much is true.

Although I don't think the drug trade caused the current crisis, it does involve huge amounts of money. Black market trading can't be regulated, or even monitored accurately, so it could well contribute to economic instability. That, I now remember, was his main argument.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:12 am

Thank you,Sue.I think you'd make a pretty good lecturer.Better than Owsley anyway.
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:54 pm

He's better at telling stories. Also, he can be as gruff as he likes, brushing questions off, and people still respect him.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby JoeD80 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:44 pm

redrabid wrote:Obsessive, perfectionist, whatever the credits of the man were, he was right about the Airplane playing out of tune. Especially Jorma Kaukonen.

I always thought the way Jorma tuned his guitar was one of the charms of his electric guitar work. Love hearing all the different ways it sounds, especially the screeching at the beginning of Greasy Heart played live.
JoeD80

Previous

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions