How Barack became President of the US

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: How Barack became President of the US

Postby Americanborn on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:23 pm

fairlane500 wrote:Obama's much better than what we had in the good ol' U S of A from Jan. '01 to Jan. '09. Problem is, the Republicans don't want to let him try anything different for fear he'll be successful and ruin chances for the Republicans to rule once again (yeah, they don't govern, they rule over ya). He (Obama) needs to try to do what he was elected for. And I love the fact that the world doesn't seem to hate us as much as when Bush was "runnin' 'round this world", spreading hate and discontent.

bush didnt spread hate.. he said the UNITED STATES is better and wont put up with this global governance stuff.. we have a constitution which say we all here are free and free from governments manipulation as they have in england , france , russia etc... the UNITED STATES IS STRONG AND FREE FROM TYRANNY OF GOVERNMENT . we all have the right to succeed and the right to fail and not by what government decides . the world dont hate us ? Israel ? iran ? to name a couple....
Americanborn

Postby Americanborn on Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:30 pm

IneedaBonghit wrote:The President does have power that is kept in check by the Congress and the Court, and now adays you can add a 4th branch to our US Government, The Media.

Obama may be able to accomplish a few things....

Kick Bush and his Texas Oil Posse out of the oval office.
Kids in the inner cities may be inspired to make something of themselves besides being school dropouts and gang members.
Education might improve if people listen to him..."read to your kids".
The mental health of mixed race people might improve.
The Middle East may actually listen for a change.
Some confused misguided Muslims may see the error of their ways.

He says that "Messiah" is above his pay grade though so don't count on miracles.

Jack

yes , add the fourth branch.. the media and you are correct. use the media to indoctrinate the people. the media is powerful because people would rather listen to it rather than investigate it for themselves. dr martin luther king jr was a bad man and do you know why ? because the media protryed him as such . now the media protray's obama as the greatest.... better check these media companys and their connections before you start trusting what you hear.
Americanborn

Postby Jagazzflatts on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 am

Obum became president thru Affirmitive Action. That and White guilt got him in.
Jagazzflatts

Postby Ensign on Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:44 pm

How Barack became President of the U.S.: he won the election. In fact, he won the popular vote, not just the Electoral College.
I hope all the malcontents eating those sour grapes can respect that his victory was the voice of the voters, and try to help us move forward and make improvements rather than blocking and fillibustering and running smear campaigns.
It's very interesting to watch the GOP-supporters now that the shoe is on the other foot. People claiming to be "patriots" seem to be more concerned with forwarding their party's agenda than "the good of the many."
Ensign

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 pm

I have an awful feeling he's going to go the way of Jimmy Carter.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby redrabid on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:34 am

You should ask yourself who is manupulating you and what their intentions are doing so, Americanborn, because you have absurdly misinformed and distorted ideas about "government" in Western European countries.
Misinformation obstructs good judgement, just as spiteful nationalism does.
redrabid

Postby redrabid on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:09 pm

After the failure of Seoul I think you might be right Susan. Obama (well the USA, not even a Republican could have prevented this downfall) has bitten the dust and has to acknowledge the supremacy of China. But it could very well go worse of course. Imagine Sarah Palin as president. China will have her for lunch, an awful feeling indeed.
Yeah, believe me, it's a new dawn.
Can you speak a bit Chinese?
redrabid

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:23 pm

It's already too late. I haven't seen a locally-made cotton T-shirt in twenty years!
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:45 am

I call upon you to boycott Chinese stuff whenever you can.
okeedoe

Postby usedtobebabson on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:34 am

Don't know much about politics, Sue may be right. Obama will be a one term president like our greatest president since JFK, Jimmy Carter. Don't know if this is what they refer to as a lame duck. With the Baggers in the white house posing as Republicans so no one will associate Republicans with Bush & yes even the Baggers admit that he devastated this Country. Talk about a mind fuck :evil:
So Obama will continue to get pushed round by big money, Baggers now, and Generals (who's paying attention to yawn Afghan anymore anyways). Bill Maher mentions Obama lost the ratings when he let the public option go on Health Care.
Or Obama will use his executive power and become a great president in the next 2 years, tho I'm not holding my breath on that...
Play the game, Play the game, you gotta play the game.
And like Carter was advised - "You're not making the people AFRAID enough". Yep, the smart politicos advised Tyranny over Democracy.

To me the biggest political problem in America is how to keep the evil president from getting into power in the first place, Like Reagan & Bush who echo those witch hunting McCarthy years.

And America needs to stop playing World War 2 to provide a sense of purpose to it's people. Let it go for crissake, it over and been over for 65 years. Quit waving the False Eagle.
Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
Where have all the young men gone? Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
usedtobebabson

Postby okeedoe on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:13 am

It is just floundering in the confusion and despare.Your descendants will be migrating in the reverse direction.They will be fleeing to Europe and Aussieland.
okeedoe

Postby redrabid on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:54 pm

All we can do is hope that those who'll return, won't reclaim these lands as promised to them by God.
redrabid

Postby Ensign on Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:12 pm

The U.S. economy IS improving. In some areas, it's still really slow. In others, though, things are starting to move right along. If this keeps up for 2 more years, don't count on Obama being a one-term President. Remember he has been in office for only 1/2 of a term so far.
Ensign

Postby Jagazzflatts on Fri May 13, 2011 11:47 am

Affirmitive action is how Obum got in
Jagazzflatts

Postby Junior on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 am

Three words: Oprah's Book Club
How many fingers am I holding?
Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums