JA films,videos,audio concerts

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

JA films,videos,audio concerts

Postby hue on Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:50 am

Does anyone know where i could obtain more film or videos on the Jefferson Airplane?I have their "Fly" dvd.

How about audio concerts?

Thanks.
hue

Postby Box Of Rain on Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:28 am

There's not a whole lot of JA performances on film to be had, unfortunately. You see, there seems to be a rule about that - the stupider a band is (cough*Metallica*Cough) the more they get filmed.

But, there's some footage of the Airplane in the Woodstock director's cut. It's only a half-assed performance of "Won't You Try" and Jorma doing "Uncle Sam's Blues", but it's still cool.

They also get a few songs in the complete Monterey Pop - High Flying Bird, Today, and I think Somebody to Love are all excellent, even though you already saw "bird" and "somebody to love" in Fly Jefferson Airplane.

There's also a DVD coming out in September of a Night at the Family dog performance, and it has two songs by the Airplane - The Ballad of Me & You & Pooneil (same as on "Fly", I think) and Eskimo Blue Day. It's also got the Dead and Santana.

Hope this helps.
"War's good business, so give your sons
But I'd rather have my country die for me" ~ Grace Slick, Rejoyce 1967
Box Of Rain

Postby Whenheco on Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:24 am

I had a thread about this some time ago.
Some more footage of Jefferson Airplane can be found on :
Altamont (gimme shelter)
Kralingen (stamping grounds)
The Great! Society Really Doesn't Like You Much At All.
Whenheco

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions