Grace Slick & Michelle Mangione

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Re: Grace Slick & Michelle Mangione

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:32 am

I really do think that television news is just quickly-forgotten sensational "entertainment" for a lot of viewers. I used to work with a news team, and one thing I've never forgotten is how the reporter was pissed off because this woman we were filming wouldn't cry when he asked her about her dead husband. Just one of the reasons I gave up on this depressing career.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby redrabid on Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Yes indeed, Nicktecky, we should honour the reporters of bad news. It is a dangerous but important task in democratic and oppressive societies. A bit more sympathy for the difficult position they find themselves in, doing their job, and the sometimes heart breaking decisions they have to make is not out of place.
Richard Dawkins, "The Blind Watchmaker" is essential reading.
redrabid

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:28 pm

There are good reporters, who report to get the information out there and to get people involved, like for a war (whether for or against it), animal rights, to help the environment, etc. Then there are those who only do it for some other reason, like the one Susan mentioned.
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SaturdayAfternoon on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:17 am

PsychedelicRabbit wrote:There are good reporters, who report to get the information out there and to get people involved, like for a war (whether for or against it), animal rights, to help the environment, etc. Then there are those who only do it for some other reason, like the one Susan mentioned.

I would like to think that I am one of the "good" ones. For my next article I am going to report on PETA's new McCruelty campaign (mccruelty.com if you wanna check it out, the video is really heavy). Animal cruelty something worth fighting against. I like to use pursuasion on the subjects I am passionate about in my articles, but would never go to the extent of those reporters Susan and you guys are mentioning.
"Go ride the music" - Jefferson Airplane
SaturdayAfternoon

PreviousNext

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions