Woodstock Footage?

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Woodstock Footage?

Postby YUNnYANG on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:17 am

Does anyone know if there is anymore footage of the Airplanes woodstock set than there already is floating around? I have been able to find all the Offical realases (Won't You Try, Somebody To Love, Volunteers, 3/5 of a Mile, White Rabbit) but have been unable to find any footage of the other songs. Frankly, i'd like to see the 15 minute version of 'Ballad of You and Me and Pooneil' 8)
YUNnYANG

Re: Woodstock Footage?

Postby PrayForPlagues on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:24 pm

Oh, I'm sure it's out there. I really want to see Pooneil too! Quite honestly, I'm thinking it will probably be released in 2019. I'm thinking that they're holding back lots of stuff until the 50th anniversary. I've always wondered what would happen if a bunch of us Airplane fans all wrote to Warner Bros. about the release of the footage.
-Michael
ta tvam asi
PrayForPlagues

Postby Egg Crisis on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:36 pm

YUNnYANG wrote:Does anyone know if there is anymore footage of the Airplanes woodstock set than there already is floating around? I have been able to find all the Offical realases (Won't You Try, Somebody To Love, Volunteers, 3/5 of a Mile, White Rabbit) but have been unable to find any footage of the other songs. Frankly, i'd like to see the 15 minute version of 'Ballad of You and Me and Pooneil' 8)

I didn't know there were videos of Volunteers & 3/5 Of A Mile... !
I just looked and they're on youtube so I'll watch them after I've posted this.

You forgot to mention Uncle Sam Blues (from Woodstock DIrector's Cut).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6FT94xJ9hA
Some of the song has been cut, it's about 1min30 shorter than the audio version, but I just this minute found the full version!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkiz6_ ... -sam_music
It says it's an out-take. It's the first JA Woodstock out-take I've seen. I wish there was more.

There's also this 8mm footage that includes some brief glimpses of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw_15n4Zfts

I was surprised when their complete Woodstock performance was released on CD last year! Until that moment nobody even had a clue of what the setlist was and suddenly we get the complete 100 minute performance. Before that we only had 7 songs, about 30 minutes. If anyone else made a tape of those 7 songs from the various different releases like I did, did you get annoyed at hearing Grace say "Good morning people" at the start of every song? (because the different releases always seemed to add that bit to the beginning.)

It's my first post here. Hello!
Egg Crisis

Postby PrayForPlagues on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:23 am

Hey, Egg Crisis! Welcome to the board!
Haha yeah, I've read the different set lists that people had theorized prior to the CD release- many of them were way off! But it is great that we have the whole set list information as well as the whole recording!
-Michael
ta tvam asi
PrayForPlagues

Postby FirstBassman on Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:01 pm

As most of you old-timers know, I slept in the woods (over looking the hill) Saturday night and woke up just about the time when the Airplane started to play.

I walked out to the edge of the woods, took a photo with my Poloroid Swinger camera, stayed a little while and walked back to where my sister and her boyfriend were.

And we left the festival shortly thereafter.

Please don't throw eggs. It was not my decision to leave.
FirstBassman

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions