jim morrison: poseur or shaman?

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: jim morrison: poseur or shaman?

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:54 am

Please, just stop talking about it, please :( I'm really sorry about coming across the wrong way, but stop talking about me like I can't see what you're saying. I have not said anything wrong about anyone here, except maybe for oldblue, and it really hurts that how I act or who I choose to talk about is being debated.

Go on about talking about acid or whatever it is this forum is supposed to be about.

But please, just stop it. :(
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:58 am

You have my sympathy, PR. You haven't said anything wrong. Talking about Grace's trousers doesn't stop the rest of us having the arguments we love.

Poseur. And I don't really fancy him, either.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:00 am

Yes , impaired long term memory is an awkward condition.
okeedoe

Postby usedtobebabson on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:39 am

PsychedelicRabbit wrote:I can handle intelligent conversation, but I don't always feel the need to ask people questions in a sort of demeaning way.

I'm honestly done with this forum. I meet some really nice people on here, but for the most part, I've only ever come across rude, judgmental, and arrogant people. I'm done with this forum. Goodbye.

Been there done that PR - You're not alone. OB sometimes has a problem communicating, shall we say. Could be a lot of things. Senility, and addiction, Preoccupation with the baby Jesus. He certainly does not know how to articulate with respect for his fellow JA forum friends. So you have the right idea, just leave the thread when he gets one of his attacks...
Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
Where have all the young men gone? Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
usedtobebabson

Postby oldblue on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:43 am

people, challenging a position or an argument is not the same as an ad hominem attack. i have insulted no one; unfortunately, i can't say the same about some others here in terms of their comments to me.

may the baby jesus shut your mouth and open your mind
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." — George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
oldblue

Postby okeedoe on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:45 am

Old babsie is just pissed at you because you invalidate his arguments much too often,Blue.Throw him a sugar stick every now and then and he will be ok just don't expect too much from him.

And you Red,it is obvious that you are unable to receive a spiritual ascend from the clinical picture of obsessive (unfulfilled) love wheel .Must you rationalize everything ?
Last edited by okeedoe on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:23 am

thank you to those who support me. but please, everyone just stop talking about it :( i said i'm sorry. please, just stop. you win, you all win. you win the fight because this time you've really hurt me and i can't fight now. you got really personal. just please stop. you're really bothering me.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Okay people, let's just leave this alone, it's not even part of this topic. Let's just return to the original topic, I'll start.

I don't think Jim Morrison was a poseur nor a shaman, I think he was just a man with a great voice who wrote odd poetry that holds meaning to some, and reads as nonsense to others. But considering how much my parents played The Doors while I was growing up, I can almost consider him an uncle or godfather, although I know that's stretching it. If I had to lean to one though, I'd lean towards shaman, because he's definitely not a poseur, and I know poseurs.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby okeedoe on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:41 pm

OK,Ok, stop whining.Just listen to what that surrealistic rationalist rabid man told you and we'll be ok.
okeedoe

Postby redrabid on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Yes, I think it is a good idea to honour PR's request, though I think it is the easy way out. But for some of you your own experience seems to be the only means to gauge life, so a further discussion is unproductive and damaging. Too bad, my pen had already been dipped into vitriol.
Let me end the discussion by making a few observations:
-If this forum is the place "to rant and rave" about the Famous Person of your choice, i.e. Ms. Wing, formerly known as Grace Slick, then this is also the place to be to question that behaviour, don't you think?
-This discussion perfectly examples the erosion of the concept of privacy. Some people, but certainly "fans", seem to be convinced that they have an undisputable right to know and discuss every intimate detail of the life of the "Famous Person" they say they "love", to "possess" the Object of their Desire in some magical way. Increasingly those "Famous Persons" take refuge in legal protection. Both developments are deplorable.
- Feminism seems to be dead and its legacy forgotten.
Now we are pals again, right?
Last edited by redrabid on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redrabid

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Yes. Just please stop talking about it. You made your point. I'm so sorry I came across the wrong way, I really am.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby redrabid on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Nahh, I'm a happy man in love, Okeedoe. And my partner thinks I am a terrible softie. So do my cats, by the way, they always succesfully terrorize my sensitive heart to get their way.
Hey, how about that beer?

When you listen to the Stranglers for instance, Oldblue, don't you hear that same droning vocal, songs full of doom in melody and lyrics and that irritating organ, that goes on and on using the same sound? Joy Division is even more obvious and wallows in a similar Weltschmerz.

Surprise, surprise, I just discovered I own a double album by The Doors "Weird Scenes Inside The Goldmine" (It is a Best of Collection). I haven't played it in maybe 25-30 years and I decided that I ain't gonna do it now,
redrabid

Postby oldblue on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:38 pm

redrabid wrote:Nahh, I'm a happy man in love, Okeedoe. And my partner thinks I am a terrible softie. So do my cats, by the way, they always succesfully terrorize my sensitive heart to get their way.
Hey, how about that beer?

When you listen to the Stranglers for instance, Oldblue, don't you hear that same droning vocal, songs full of doom in melody and lyrics and that irritating organ, that goes on and on using the same sound? Joy Division is even more obvious and wallows in a similar Weltschmerz.

Surprise, surprise, I just discovered I own a double album by The Doors "Weird Scenes Inside The Goldmine" (It is a Best of Collection). I haven't played it in maybe 25-30 years and I decided that I ain't gonna do it now,

listened and still don't hear it. too dehumanized and 80s sounding typical english music. the doors weren't that. the doors sounded more alive and transcendent at least early on.

i typically don't listen to this kind of music (i don't like english music outside of the beatles pre-pepper, the searchers and early fairport convention). besides everyone knows that music died with duane allman.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." — George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
oldblue

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:56 pm

I can hear Morrison's influence on Ian Curtis quite clearly. Maybe it's easier to hear if you're English. I think Curtis was an awful singer, by the way. There's something extremely annoying about unconvincing doom-ladling, and there was far too much of it around in the late Seventies.

My favourite quote on the Doors: "If Jim Morrison had looked like Paul Kantner, the Doors would be forgotten by now."
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby IneedaBonghit on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 pm

I can vouch for Jim + The Doors as a shaman. It was their music that knocked the drugs, alcoholism, and music obsessions right out of me. It wasn't pretty but it worked.
He helped to open a door to my subconscious so that I could see that what was afflicting me was due to issues in my infancy that my conscious mind could not remember. Although it was a slow sometimes painful process I began to understand myself better. Eventually I stumbled upon my birth mother on the internet and then found evidence I was adopted though nobody in my family ever told me. I spent the last few years studying and re-entering her atmosphere. One of the problems with a reunion of mother and son who had been given up at birth is that sometimes they pick up where they left off which is the natural act of breastfeeding. So it can sometimes lead to a messed up Oedipal response. So I have only met her once so far while she had a cop standing over her shoulder. She has 3 grandchildren. It's very slow surreal ass-backwards trip over here.
Getting reborn isn't easy. It's like hitting the reset switch of a computer, or getting hit by a wrecking ball. My life is rebooting...:)
IneedaBonghit

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums