Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:37 pm

And there we have the definition of freedom! That was perfectly put, it's being yourself without any restraints. It makes my blood boil thinking that in America, in the 21st century, homosexual people still can't marry. It's one thing when you can't do that in Islamic nations, they're totally screwed, but here??? I thought we were the land of the free.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby SuperSlick66 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Exactly what I'm thinking! There's a reason America is putting this change on a lease. I don't understand why though. :/ Perhaps fear, but what type of fear could come about to people when all that's happening is love. Just let people marry who they want. It's their life let them lead it.
ImageImage
There was a time when all the people in the village would come out just to smile.
SuperSlick66

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:50 pm

It's this way because so many people in power hold to their religious beliefs, and so many christians and catholics just don't like gays getting married, it goes against their "religious beliefs", which is stupid because it said nothing about gay marriage in the bible. Yet, this somehow cuts straight through the separation of church and state, which is IN the constitution! But then again, it's nearly impossible to debate all of the things the American government has done against the constitution, it's mind-breaking.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:53 pm

SuperSlick66 wrote:Just be who you are and believe in all the things you want in life. Don't ever give up. Sadly there's always going to be hate in the world. Especially having people like the pope who cause cults that brainwash. But them aside I think this world (maybe America in advance) can change and that we will hopefully understand that not having gay marriage today is just another stupid law, like when women or african american's couldn't vote. It was silly. It just sucks that people have to go through this world scared, ashamed or depressed for the type of person they are, when people should hold their heads high and feel proud to be who they are and happy they aren't someone elses idea of proud. But their own.

I think that, too. It hurts when I defined firstly as a lesbian. I am more than that - I am a daughter, a granddaughter, a niece, a friend, and maybe one day a mother. I'm a human. I'm not at all different from someone else, the only difference is who I love. I never understood what was so odd about it. I didn't think I was odd for feeling like I did until I hit middle school. That's when I realized how much hatred there is in the world for people like me.

All I really want in life is a family - a wife, a few children, grandchildren... I actually think I would be more satisfied being a housewife than anything else. But the economy doesn't support that, so I'll go for the next best thing - a teacher. :)
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:05 pm

There's nothing stopping you!! :D What type of teacher do you want to be?

kate nash just posted a blog and this was at the end

"one more thing, if you want to look into it, it would be worth finding out some more about target and the fact they donated $150,000 to an antigay candidate recently.
rubbish."

:(
ImageImage
There was a time when all the people in the village would come out just to smile.
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 pm

Preferably for 1st graders or so. A young age. I don't want to deal with middle or high schoolers. :lol:

Target did? Oh my. I wish people wouldn't be so...what is wrong about GLBT's? There's nothing wrong with us. I don't get it. I really don't.
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 pm

I think teaching any grade, you are bold to become a teacher. So hats off to you :) Do you have a subject in mind? or is it just the whole package since it's a young grade?
ImageImage
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:23 pm

I wouldn't mind all subject areas, really. Even though I'm horrible at math and science, those subjects aren't hard at that young age. So it's not too bad. But I do have a love for psychology, so maybe one day I'll teach psychology, too... :)

Plus, if I become a teacher, I'll have the same vacation time as my children. :)

What about you? What careers are you interested in?
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:35 pm

AHH! This is strange but Science and Math are my absolute worst subjects. I tore myself apart last year in math just to get a proper grade. I didn't even bother with science. Yet I can sometimes find an interest in both. But I'm really great with History and English. I love those subjects a lot. I haven't done much with psychology yet. I know the facts would appeal to me but doing the work would be hard. I think it's something I'd have to teach myself to be honest.

The careers that I'm interested in seem played over and over. But photography is just genius to me as well as film. It's so fun to dig into and learn about techniques and all the masterminds that produced the greatest works that are known all over; like Hitchcock..who I adore! I would love to just create a film. And if I ever get myself that high up I'd make movies like Walk The Line but about Elvis or Grace Slick or Joan Crawford :D They ought to have a movie to call their own and to represent them. As photography go, maybe i'll send some that i took to you. :D
ImageImage
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Science and math...for anyone who actually understands it and can do it well, I applaud them. I mean, I passed trig and pre-calc with a B, but god...I didn't understand or retain any of the information. In fact, this year in college I have to take remedial pre-algebra. xD Which is like the farthest back in math you can go. :mrgreen:

As for psychology, it's very easy for me personally. It does take dedication. There are a lot of famous psychologists to remember, the definitions (psychology is all about definitions, lol) and a lot of studying. But if you take an interest in people, you'll love it. And a huge plus is that afterward, you'll hold a greater understanding of humans and the human mind. It's so fascinating to me.

And I excel at English and history, lol. Those are my best subjects, too. I love English, especially reading old British literature. Before school got out, I started reading The Canterbury Tales in the original English. And history...well, I like it, but I much prefer history dealing with England and WW2. :D

As for photography and film, go at it full forced and full of intention of achieving anything you can achieve. I think, personally, if you love something enough and are totally dedicated to finding out how something works inside and out...that it's your career. That's what you should be. Like I'm all about humans, helping them, and understanding how they work. You're about photography...and go for it, all the way. :) And I would love to see photos. :)
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Sorry I'm actually setting up an album for you to see some pictures I've taken over the years. That's why I'm so slow right now.

I haven't even given psychology a go yet. :oops: Which would be bright to do before I put a bad guess on it. I'd love to read on personalities. I think I'd get a kick out of it.

Have you read any of Alfred Noyes work? He is an English poet and wrote one of my favorite poems that a friend had introduced to me, it's called The Highway Man. I can read that twenty times a day, it's so wonderful.

My favorite things in history are dealing with the classic actors/directors and musicians. <3 so interesting.

Thanks for the tip. I sometimes feel like it's a burning passion of mine but then I'll bum myself out of that idea. Hmmm..
ImageImage
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 am

Psychology is something I didn't know if I'd like or not. If you have AP Psychology and regular psychology at your school like mine did, take regular first. Or if you have no psychology at all, just read about it online before buying books on it. :)

I haven't read his work, but I'm always open to suggestions. Next time I'm in the library, I'll check out his stuff and get back to you on it. :) I love reading anything. :)

For me, I love history of England and anything mysterious. Like Nasca lines, ancient cultures, things of that matter. I love the mystery that history (oh hey, that rhymed) has. It's entirely fascinating.

I think if you have a love for anything, go for it. Test it out and get yourself totally submerged in that world. It's what I do. And even if it doesn't work out, I still have a satisfaction of knowing I did it because I wanted to. :) So I say go for it. :mrgreen:
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:34 am

If you want to one day the Highway Man is on this site, http://www.teachersfirst.com/share/highwayman/st1.html That way if you can't find a book with his poems. :D

WTF?!?! I'm scared that we have so much in common! I really REALLY love slushies/slurpes/icees whichever they are actually called. I'm not even going to tell you my favorite flavor. I'd be too weird. HMM. My Walgreen's seriously need to get one of those machines!! >:O I'll write a letter to them tomorrow evening.

I have a friend who was born in England. But doesn't live there now. She tells me wonderful things about it. She said I'd love the place because of it's history since I'm a fool for cobbled streets that look ages old. I want to go there someday. :)

What are nasca lines? I never heard of them...or maybe i have and have forgotten.
ImageImage
SuperSlick66

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Oh, I've heard that poem before! I just can't remember where. Oh, it is a great poem, isn't it? It paints such an interesting picture. Sort of a dark one, which I love. Anything sort of Gothic in nature...

Icees/Slurpees are what makes the world go 'round. And tell me what your favorite flavor is! I'd love to know. I like Coca-Cola, root beer, and Mountain Dew the most. Though I'm not picky about them...I love anything of a slushie nature.

England's dark history is what I love. Like the Tower of London is one of my favorites because it's so dark. One of the most surprising things about me is how much of a Gothic side I have :lol:. I love that tower because of all that dark history. I bet getting your head chopped off wasn't fun. I wonder what it was like to walk up to the stage where you'd have your head chopped off at...aye. *grimace*

The Nasca Lines are those lines in the shape of an animals off in Peru. You can see some pictures of it here: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&sour ... s&gs_rfai=
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby SuperSlick66 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:41 pm

I love that poem! It's dark but it has a neat message to it. I can read it over and over and get different wonders from it. :D Maybe that's what makes it timeless to me.

Have you ever seen the Tower of London before? I've rarely read on dark places, just few. I know a lot more on the dark, famous people. But I think seeing places in London would be mind blowing, completely different than what I'm used to.

hmmm...there may have been a fun part to getting your head chopped off. But you'd have to dig deep enough to find that enjoyment... :? lol i don't know what I'm saying.

Nazca lines are really cool! I've seen them before but never knew what they were actually called. They must be thousands of years old!! :o
ImageImage
SuperSlick66

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums