Original Uncensored Lyrics To Run Around

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Aren't you sick of polls

Especially those negative attack polls
50%
Why can't we just stick to Issues
50%

Total votes : 2

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt- on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:20 am

Thanks Robert, Im going to need to ask a few other people that collect rare vinyl if theres any sort of limited pressings of Volunteers that actually use the word FUCK in the song. If it is like the TAKES OFF LP they are probably in extreamly limited numbers. My copy of Volunteers dosent use the word , maybe somewhere someones does. Ill need to post the answers I get on this album.
Shadow_of_A_Doubt-

Postby psychhead on Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:21 pm

:D 8) Thanx all for the cool interactions in this delicate topic. This is what makes a true forum. However, I say the day politicians stop lying to the people is the day I will vote against 4 letter words, etc. in songs! Politicians and lawmakers should censor themselves first, then take a look at lyrics. There are thousands of people and artists on Myspace that are battling this bigwig stupidity (including myself :twisted:) and WE don't like music being pushed around by the Establishment!!! :evil: 8)

Robert
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Postby Shadow_of_A_Doubt- on Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:48 pm

F the FCC
Censorship is UnAmerican -

The Radio Revolution is on Sirius Radio

The Howard Stern Show

Howard 100
Howard 101
Shadow_of_A_Doubt-

Postby psychhead on Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:35 pm

:D 8) Thanx for that heads up man.....you rule!!! :twisted:
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Re: Original Uncensored Lyrics To Run Around

Postby gjluebbert on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:14 am

> What could Runaround possibly say?

Commonly-known lyric: "...blinded by colors come flashing from flowers that sway as you stay here by me."

Original lyric: "...flowers that sway as you lay under me."

To my knowledge, this recording (and the original "Let Me In") was only available for the first little while after "Takes Off" was released on vinyl. Subsequent pressings had re-recorded lead vocals with "cleaned up" lyrics.

Not to mention that the single version of "It's No Secret" (with "Runnin' Round This World" on the flip) never made it (again to my knowledge) to any sort of album. "Runnin'" had "fantastic trips" censored out; I don't think "Secret" was censored, but both album cuts had the brightness of the original mixes markedly subdued.

Shameful. Wonder if those original masters even exist anymore...
gjluebbert

Previous

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions