A Jefferson Airplane reunion?

Thoughts and memories from longtime Jefferson Airplane Manager Bill Thompson

Re: A Jefferson Airplane reunion?

Postby seraulu1 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:20 am

88OXO88 wrote:It's best to have the sense to walk away from something on a high note. Be it the old days or many aspects of life. Grace did say over 20 years ago no more live music for her. Respect it.

I don't think so!!!!!!!!! :!: hypnosis downloads
seraulu1

Postby 88OXO88 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Let It Be. You can't go home again.
88OXO88

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:39 pm

88OXO88 wrote:It's best to have the sense to walk away from something on a high note. Be it the old days or many aspects of life. Grace did say over 20 years ago no more live music for her. Respect it.

If Grace ain't there, they could still recruit Signe Anderson... I heard she performed with Jefferson Starship TNG around 1995 or something... I think she's as good as Grace!
CookOfTheHouse

Postby PsychedelicRabbit on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:10 pm

This. And also, Grace seems happy with where doing what she does now. I think the '88/'89 tour ended on a good note for the band, and I think it's best to leave it at that rather than to keep something prolonging for too long.

:)
With you standing here I could tell the world what it means to love
To go on from here I can't use words, they don't say enough
PsychedelicRabbit

Postby doho on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:52 am

I had to make some adjustments to the headphones but... just spent a few hours listening/watching the youtube videos of JA songs at Woodstock. Wow, sooooo good even though they had to perform in the morning hours and may have been higher than a kite. That's OK... been there, done that :) I was a 13 year old kid with a pack of Girl Scouts wandering around the outskirts of Woodstock (we kinduv "strayed" off the main hiking trail on a 5-day backpacing trip). I couldn't hear much of the music that was being performed but clearly heard Grace Slick's voice on some of her loooooong notes in the Volunteers song. Will never forget it.

I would love for them to have a reunion tour in select spots around the country (DENVER, please)... but if they've all lost the message of hope and peace and cooperation many decades ago, and could care less about anything but money - then then hell with them... they will have to reconcile someday.

But each of us who loves the JA will always listen to the music and the message. Someday, humanity will get it.
doho

Postby jffcrowe on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:20 pm

You know it would be great. But Im sure they have enough memories to last a life time :) JC
jffcrowe

Postby psychy on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:05 pm

It would be nice just to dream about a JA reunion" .....the White Rabbit again...:):)!"
Imageù
psychy

Postby King of the World on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:20 am

They will play Leicester on July 16 but only for people living or born in Leicester.

They will play Leicester (Braunstone Park) on July 17 but only for people living or born in Leicestershire (excluding Leicester).

I haven't thought about after that, but that's up to them. The party will be indefinite. You will see them if you want to.

Got two heads on my body - I only have one.

Rob x
King of the World

Postby psychy on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
Imageù
psychy

Postby King of the World on Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:09 am

Yes.
Leicester, England: 16th July 2014.
They may not know it yet.