JA - Photo Thread

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: JA - Photo Thread

Postby okeedoe on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:11 am

Recognize this right wing extremist?

Or just like Marianne of France this photo could be an allegorical personification of The Great Society.Grace as the Mother America.The American grace.The grace of America.
What was in her mind wearing the flag?Was she just goofing around or she made a statement?You Yanks should know better than me.So why don't you tell me?Give a loose to your imagination.

Maybe she was just drunk as a skunk.I like that phrase .In these parts we say ''drunk as a Russian'- it used to be my way of intoxication.
Last edited by okeedoe on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby usedtobebabson on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:40 am

Doing stuff with American Flags was popular back then. Wear 'em on yer jeans, burn 'em, wrap yerself up in one? Cheesh, she could a made a bundle on the snuggy angle 8)
Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
Where have all the young men gone? Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
usedtobebabson

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:46 am

Nice photo!

American children are taught to worship a coloured cloth fetish, which is simpler to do than actually think about why you like (or don't like) the country you were born in. So wearing a flag is an act of patriotic blasphemy calculated to upset people who stupidly confuse a country with its symbols. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

"I was born, lucky me, in the land that I love..."
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby usedtobebabson on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:43 am

Susan Butcher wrote:Nice photo!

American children are taught to worship a coloured cloth fetish, which is simpler to do than actually think about why you like (or don't like) the country you were born in. So wearing a flag is an act of patriotic blasphemy calculated to upset people who stupidly confuse a country with its symbols. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

"I was born, lucky me, in the land that I love..."

Naw, Your right as usual. A potentially dangerous activity too. We all loved our country back then, that's why we had to stay stoned. Forsaking it because of it's stupidity, was tearing us apart inside, but it had to be done. The truth was found to be lies, and all the patriotic joy inside us died.
Where have all the young men gone? Long time passing
Where have all the young men gone? Long time ago
Where have all the young men gone? Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn?
usedtobebabson

Postby okeedoe on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 am

@ Susan
It was worth it to wait for the respond.You're like an inexhaustible well of witted remarks.

Incoherently to American flag, manipulators are skillful to put the essence in choosen wrapping.The bigger the lie the more people will believe it and then it is called a public or general opinion. The same old story since ''raven turned black''. A mass spiritual and intelectual tailoring has never fitted me.
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:25 pm

I expect all countries have patriotic taboos. In Australia, it's criticising Anzac Day, originally a celebration of a military disaster.

"Since the raven turned black." That's a lovely expression, OKD. I'll have to use it some time.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Previous

Return to Open Forums