Crown of Creation odd pressing

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Crown of Creation odd pressing

Postby rjwh on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:42 pm

I bought Crown of Creation when it was new, first pressing, black labels. The A side and B side labels were present, but the album had the A side pressed on both sides. I still have it, and it's in near-mint condition because I went back and bought a copy with both the A side and the B side. I put the bad press one in the attic and I didn't see it, or even think of it, again until last weekend.

Does anyone else have any memory of such an event? Think it's valuable? Not that it's for sale, but it's sure interesting.
rjwh

Re: Crown of Creation odd pressing

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:30 pm

The first copy of "Wonderwall" I bought had Mary Hopkins on side one, but I just took it back to the shop. And a friend has that two-record reissue of the Great Society albums with two sides the same.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 pm

I think misprints are mostly just one copy an issuing, cover misprinting I think are the only ones where there are a whole bunch flawed, that I know of though.

My first copy of Crown I got years ago was a black-label copy, but it was scratched to hell.So now I have two copies, the second being put together from three other copies I found, but not a black-label.Didnt know the black-label copies were original pressings.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby mellowgerman on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:15 am

Aside from being signed by Jack, Marty, and Paul, my Crown vinyl is pretty normal 8)
My dad's copy of CSNY's Deja Vu has the side 1 label on side 2 and the side 2 label on side 1
It's a crazy world out there!
mellowgerman

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 am

You lucky bastard!I dont have any signed records.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby rjwh on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:46 am

I have the first Hot Tuna album signed by Jorma, Jack and Will Scarlet (a very odd duck). That's the only JA related stuff I have signed. But I have a signed Kinky Friedman Sold American, Bloodshot in the original red vinyl, signed by J. Giles and Magic Dick. I used to work sound at a lot of concerts and festivals in the 60's and 70's, so I have a bunch of signed stuff. And I have (unsigned) a first state mono butcher cover, opened, but in mint condition with the original shrink wrap, that I bought at Sears the first day it came out. That one I KNOW is valuable.
rjwh

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions