Not too cool...

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Not too cool...

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:22 pm

Weird things pop up in dreams all the time, its the minds way of dealing with how we will never understand why we are here or what life really is.Or babsons idea.

Did anyone else notice this;
If you look at the cover of Surrealistic Pillow, the three in the middle are Paul, Marty and Grace, the only three JA members that were in Jefferson Starship(ofcourse the real, classic JA, not including the last two years).Jorma, Jack and Spencer are on the sides of Grace, Marty and Paul...on the outside!Thus adding more proof that Paul planned on overthrowing Marty and taking over the Airplane and flying it to the moon!!.Conspiracy or lunacy?

Its all in the positioning.Notice, Pauls in front and in the middle.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:27 pm

...and Spencer's on the outside. Literally and figuratively the first to go *tear-tear*.

As for consipracy or lunacy, probably a combination of the two. At any rate, it is a very weird coincidence.

Speaking of the cover of Pillow, here's a real poser-- on the back, in the collage of the band, every group member has their own tidy little section where all of their photos are. While everyone has one little section, Spencer has two. What that has to do with our conspiracy theory, I don't know, but it's either a very messy way to use all the space, or something more sinister. Maniacal laugh goes here.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:48 pm

I love dreams, and I often try to draw them. I had an disturbingly accurate dream about my own future a while back, and now I know, at the very least, the part of your mind that dreams isn't closely tied to the present time and place. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I am a bit of a hippy!

When I look at the cover, I can't help noticing that Grace is making a typically phallic guesture with that recorder. This is mostly in my mind, I'm sure. Actually, what I like most is the drawing of the clump of mushrooms between Grace and Marty that looks like a distorted crown. I wish there was a picture of that wall so I could see all the doodles properly.

If any of you can post an image of the collage on the back of "Pillow", I'd 'preciate it. I've got the Australian version, which has an introduction to the group instead.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:43 am

Didnt think about the Spencer one.Another theory, Jack was in some form of a Jefferson Starship thing in the late 1990s, and hes the one not facing the camera...conspiracy?Ive also noticed Spencer had a bit more attention than the other male members of the band in some photos and promos ive seen.Maybe that and Grace sleeping with him is Pauls way of building him up to get rid of him?Now im just making Paul out to look evil, seeing hes quite the opposite I feel ashamed.But what if.I mean things just went so well if he did plan it out.If JA were not a rock band, and maybe an intergalactic empire, could have been a sci-fi story.I think im losing my mind :shock: .

And heres the back of the U.S LP, Susan;

If it doesnt show up, heres a link-
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_igaDmqUuaa0/S ... -+Back.jpg

I also love dreams, I just hate when im woken during the middle of one, and im trying to figure out what was going on.I havent had a dream that I remember anything about in a while now.And that comment about Grace and the recorder probably wont leave my mind for a while now...
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:21 am

Yeah... why is Paul the root of all the world's evil? Or at least all of Jefferson Airplane's evil?

You're right about Spencer. That is weird, and you're right, Grace may have had something to do with it. Although wasn't it Marty who designed that collage on the back?

Well, maybe Susan Butcher can shed some light on the subject...
plasticfantastic

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:56 am

Grace is the only one smiling, so she must be the guilty party.

I think Marty also drew the mural. Was it at the Matrix? I've seen photos of other groups posed against it. And Grace on her own, giving the camera the finger. A truly obsessive project would be to collect as many of these pictures as possible, cut the people out, and paste together a complete image of the wall.
Susan Butcher

Postby redrabid on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:55 am

According to Tamarkin in "Got A Revolution" all those lovely hieroglyphs were on a wall in the studio of photographer Herb Greene. Among the bands that were photographed before it was also the Great Society. Great pictures!
By the way, this topic is getting a bit weird with this conspiracy thinking. If I wouldn't know you are speaking tongue in cheek, I would say that this topic is a perfect example of why tripping can be a bad idea.
redrabid

Postby Susan Butcher on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:10 am

There's nothing wrong with thinking everything is secretly connected. It can be an amusing experience. It's the element of fear that's the problem. Then you have the classic kind of paranoia. Me, I'm a happy loony.
Susan Butcher

Postby babson on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:59 am

I don't think tripping has anything to do with conspiracy thinking. I know there can be no concensus here. So I will qualify redrabrid's statement a bit. Sometimes, for some people, tripping can be a bad idea.
Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn?
babson

Postby plasticfantastic on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:42 am

Well, I can say that I have never tripped in my life. Just an overactive imagination.
plasticfantastic

Postby babson on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:19 am

Merry Christmas, Plasticfantastic!

Say, your not one of those young singers that was on that Woodstock Now and Then TV special, are you?
Long time ago
babson

Postby babson on Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:30 am

Little better picture of the wall by photographer Herb Green.

and

Long time ago
babson

Postby plasticfantastic on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:10 pm

I'm not, actually, although I did see that special. Those kids were pretty damn good...

My musical education, and introduction to Woodstock-y groups is a bit more organic. I've never been in any programs or anything. As result, I sound a bit less rehearsed and much more raw than any of them. Once I post more on youtube, you'll see.
plasticfantastic

Postby Susan Butcher on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:32 pm

By the way, thanks for the pictures, B and PF. I wish I had a loud trouser-suit like that! Looks Italian.
Susan Butcher

Postby babson on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:03 pm

I think it's Hippieglyphics :D
Long time ago
babson

PreviousNext