Now I'm 64!

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Now I'm 64!

Postby davesixties on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 am

It's never too old to dig rock 'n' roll. You better believe it. I'm 64 now and I don't know where the time has gone. But this I do know - the music of the Sixties - Jefferson Airplane very much included - hasn't been bettered over the years.
Sure, there's been some cool stuff around, but not in the high-octane, tingles down the spine way that the Sixties groups and singers engendered.
When I flick through my music collection - still creaking with loads of old vinyl vie-ing for space with the cds - I find myself more times than not selecting the Oldies, the likes of Airplane, of course, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Santana...you get the drift.
I love all that stuff...and it's great to see so many younger music lovers do too.
davesixties

Re: Now I'm 64!

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:25 pm

It's rather lonely at times liking music no one near my age has heard of (present forum-goers excepted), but nevertheless quite worth it.

Airplane, Janis Joplin, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Dead, QMS-- maybe obscure for my generation, but they're gems.

And happy birthday!
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Return to Open Forums