Frank Marino on JA

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Frank Marino on JA

Postby psychhead on Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:47 pm

:D 8) :lol: :P :twisted: :!: Picked this up directly from the "voice" of the great Frank Marino on his forum:

<<The Dead was one of the first bands I ever saw, along with the Airplane, way back in the mid 60's. I loved them both. I played with members of the Airplane later on, when they were in Starship, and also did some Hot Tuna dates with some of those guys. But I never became close friends or anything like that. I'd have liked to, though. I'm a bit of a Deadhead, more early than late GD, and I always liked the Airplane too, along with other great SF bands like Quicksilver Messenger Service.>>

Comments and enlightenment welcome!!! 8)

Rob
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Frank Marino On Jefferson Airplane

Postby Junior on Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:38 am

Hi thanks for the cool info. He is on a song on Planet Earth R&R Orchestra.
btw We'd all like to have been friends with those band dudes in the 60's haha! They threw some cool parties
What does Mahogany Rush mean :?: that is Frank Marino's band I got the name from Google
How many fingers am I holding?
Junior

Postby psychhead on Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:06 pm

:oops: :oops: :lol: Sorry for the VERY belated reply!! I used to know what MR stood for, but my mem is laggin' me at the moment! Hey, that could be a good question to ask the man himself on the band's official forum!

Rob :D 8)
Psychedelic music is IN with time!!
psychhead

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions