What Does JA Mean To You?

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: What Does JA Mean To You?

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Yeah, but if you'd been born in 1950 you'd have to live through the shit that came after the Sixties. Luckily, I went through the Sixties twice, because in the backwater of Australia they ran from about 1969-1974.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:00 am

My vision was that i was born sometime from 1942-1945 in England, then joined a British Invasion band, and leave to live in San Francisco in 1966, maybe with a solo career by then, after having hits.Then find Grace, marry her, and make music with her forever.OR, join the Airplane in 1972, when it reconfigures into Jefferson Starship, and make sure they dont go all commercial, try to keep Jorma and Jack and make it a mixture of Rampage Hot Tuna and the structure of JS song Ride the Tiger, and do space concept albums once and a while.And once that problably came to a hault, do a solo career, and in the late 80s maybe a reunion of my ol' British band from the mid-60s before i moved to San Francisco.ACTUALLY, i have detailed it alot better.Although it would take several very long posts to detail how it would have happened, it invovles a whole other country, with a history, then a musical movement.I litteraly got several books worth of material detailing who i would be if i had lived through the 60s.

This is sorta back to original subject;
I just thought about JA if they were Earth, or a planet like Earth-

Paul would be the land, grass and water, Jorma would be the Sun, Jack would be the weather and sky, thunder and lightning preferably, Spencer would be the mountains, and Marty and Grace would be the people.I think i had it something like that.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:02 am

Wow. You really have it all figured out, don't you? Well, let's seeeee...

I'd be born around 1945 too, maybe in England or Wales (I looooove the accents),join or front some sort of band, and possibly meet The Who, The Yardbirds, and The Beatles-- and that's barebones! These are loads of people I'd try to meet. Well, if my band didn't make ends meet (it probably wouldn't. Men were really the mod musicians, so I'd be pretty much out of luck), I could work as a journalist or a photographer.

Around 1966, I'd tire of semi-mod-ness, as I don't think I'd make a very good mod whatsoever, and move to San Francisco, stopping along the way in Venice Beach to hang out with The Doors very early on. I'd be in San Francisco on Haight Street, probably befriending Airplane, Quicksilver, Janis Joplin, and The Grateful Dead somewhere along the way. I'd publish a book of the photographs I took on Haight Street. As for marriage (since you brought it up), I don't really know who I'd chase. Maybe I'd be sort of an anomaly as stay single... Dunno who I'd really get along with.

In about 1968, I'd find the yippies, and probably be one of the many to get beat up at Chicago '68.

I really like your trippy Airplane earth idea. Here's a particularly philosophical thought of mine-- What if life as we know it is just somebody's acid trip? Doesn't THAT get you thinking!
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby okeedoe on Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:52 am

Very nice.A genuine flower children.Keep on dreaming. :)

No one lives in the wrong time.Every one lives in their own time just when they are meant to be.We can't and we don't need to go back to the past.It is enough if you treasure in your own time the heritage of a particular era that you have an affection of .It makes you special and at least equal with those who lived and created at that time.You young,bright unclouded guardians of the genius of Flower Power.Bless you,my dears.

Hi,Dear Sue.
Last edited by okeedoe on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:10 am

Life is some kind of dream, I'm sure of that. But I'm afraid that trick where you pinch yourself to wake up just doesn't work.
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:25 pm

If life is a dream than death is a reality.If pinching works than we will wake up dead.So death is a begining of something.Of another dream perhaps?But that kind of logic is worthless.What would I know about those things.

My life is like a some kind of dream to me too.A dream in dream.
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:50 pm

I am far from being that naive as you think.I've survived the times a far more dangerous than the 60's in USA were.Dont be a dream killer.You don't have to be responsible on this forum.
A romantic attitude is desirable here.
okeedoe

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:01 pm

Yeah, but the 2000s are not very romantic either.Atleast in the 60s you had good music, and those who enjoyed it were together.I mean, you cant even afford to go to concerts anymore!Just thinking about it the 60s seem like heaven.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Time won't stand still for anyone. You can only be still yourself. That's the essence of it, no matter what age you were born in.
Susan Butcher

Postby babson on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:12 pm

JA shaped our lives back around 66 through 72. The were core to the hippie culture along with the greatful dead, Jimmy Hendrix, Big Brother and the Holding Company. They added to that peculiar shaping after joining their predecessors, Dylan, Donavan, Joan Baez and the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, the mamas and papas. this just off the top of my head.

They could tweak that feeling we all shared as good as the best.

I read some nasty disputes about drugs on this forum. Is it OK if I think Marijuana should be legal? I am 60 years old.
Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn?
babson

Postby babson on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:17 pm

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:Yeah, but the 2000s are not very romantic either.Atleast in the 60s you had good music, and those who enjoyed it were together.I mean, you cant even afford to go to concerts anymore!Just thinking about it the 60s seem like heaven.

I saw Big Brother and the Holding Co. -(Janis Joplin) in '67 or '68 at UMASS. It was a dollar to get in.

There was a lot of free concerts back then too. We reffered to them as "Love Ins",
Long time ago
babson

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi Babson. It's OK! No drug should be illegal. The risky ones might be sold on prescription only, but not banned.
Susan Butcher

Postby babson on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:40 am

bear melter420 wrote:JA to me is about freedom, about life, about a new and interesting way of thinking. society often tells us how they want us to think or how they want us to act, where JA tells us to think what WE want and to act how WE want, whether that is "normal" or not. insanity is the only sane response to an insane society, and that's what I think the airplane was about.

You are a mirror of my own mind...
Long time ago
babson

Postby babson on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:42 am

plasticfantastic wrote:To me, Jefferson Airplane is just one of many symbols of a time that I (unfortunately) couldn't live through, and I REEEEEEALLY wish I had.

Why, oh why couldn't I have lived in the 60s? I am in the wrong generation, my friends.

I've noticed that if your not in on the ground floor, it can get ruined fast by society, government, etc.
Long time ago
babson

Previous

Return to Open Forums