Security Tool: ITS A HARMFUL CON!SAVE YOUR COMPUTERS!

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Security Tool: ITS A HARMFUL CON!SAVE YOUR COMPUTERS!

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Ok, somehow I recieved this thing called Security Tool is supposedly this anti-virus thing, and it does look very real, but it sends in a huge load of viruses to your computer, and it sends a pop-up every 10 seconds saying you have like 60 malicious programs, using things like notepad to send your credit card info to other sources, and to remove them you have to buy their license, which is $80.The messages are fake, but there are actual viruses on your computer, and if you send them the money, the viruses just become worse.If this Security Tool bullcrap ever appears on one of your computers, figure out how to remove it quickly, because I got it and its a pain.Spread the word of this virus, end the oppression!

This may be my last post, im battleing this thing, but its smart and can repair itself.I may not survive the week.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Re: Security Tool: ITS A HARMFUL CON!SAVE YOUR COMPUTERS!

Postby Dormouse on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:19 pm

Um, what have you done to try to fix it? Maybe some people here can help. I have had some luck with viruses in the past. Also, what operating system is it?
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:35 am

I think its gone.It stopped all of the sudden, no pop-ups, gone from toolbar, and everything started working fine, I think Norton quarentined it.And I dont know what operating system it is, theres no way to find out.Theres just the list of "viruses", and a bunch of stuff on how to get the license for a full version.Its still in my computer though, it cant go away, im just going to try my best to not open it.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Dormouse on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Oh, I meant what operating system you are using on your computer. But since it is fixed, it doesn't matter.

I was going to suggest using AVG Antivirus, I have had it over a year and it stops all viruses I came across, and it's free. But, just make sure that your real time antivirus protection is on, and your firewall is active.
Tune In
Turn On
Drop Out
Dormouse

Return to Open Forums