Anybody seen that show "Trailer Park Boys"

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Anybody seen that show "Trailer Park Boys"

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:47 am

The Moodies are quaint. I quite like them, but Graeme Edge's poetry can be awful.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby plasticfantastic on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:10 pm

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:Oh how The Moody Blues are wonderful, let me count the ways.Their music is so beautiful, if given a chance they could end war and poverty.They are extremely diverse, the first Progressive Rock band, I consider them the British Airplane, considering their history and progress in music.Anybody who enjoys music must give their albums a listen.Start with Days of Future Passed, In Search Of The Lost Chord, Threshold Of A Dream, To Our Childrens, Childrens, Children and A Question of Balance, then move on from there.DO NOT, listen to any other albums until you have heard these five.

Thanks! I will definitely pick those up. I'd be quite curious to see the British Airplane...

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:Whats funny about my parents and JA, is my dad is the most dissmisive, yet on my trail to becoming a huge fanatic he has been the most helpful without knowing it.

Tell me about it.... When my dad gave me the Essential Jefferson Airplane, he had NO idea that I would like it, let alone become the crazy fan I am.

quote="EmbryonicRabbit68"]when we were at this record shop we have never been to(not owning any JA cds or records, listening to songs on youtube, and he not knowing I was a fan), he randomly picks up Crown of Creation out of a dollar bin, minutes after I think, "Hmm, wouldnt it be funny if i found Crown of Creation".Totally random.Im sure JA was farthest from his mind.Some impulse made him pick up that record, and I think it was a sign.Im sure pretty soon they are going to hear a song they absolutely love, and start giving all the records a listen.Thats happened with other bands Ive turned them onto.[/quote]

Wow. That's quite a story... Don't you just love random coincidences? Especially when Jefferson Airplane is involved. Your parents will eventually come to love The Airplane. I find it hard to imagine that someone wouldn't find something in the Airplane catalogue that appeals to them.

EmbryonicRabbit, this is incredibly random, but do you like Pink Floyd?
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:06 pm

Yes I love Pink Floyd, along with just about all the other classic Progressive Rock greats.Thing is, I have only heard The Wall and Dark Side Of The Moon.My dad used to play The Wall all the time when we had it, but for some reason, the more popular and big a band or artist is, the more I put them off, like Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Dead and The Beatles.Love them, but Im drawn to stuff no-one talks about, or looked-over.But Floyd is one of the bands I look for when buying records, they are just so hard to find on vinyl.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:39 am

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:Yes I love Pink Floyd, along with just about all the other classic Progressive Rock greats.Thing is, I have only heard The Wall and Dark Side Of The Moon.

Yaay! I'm glad. I'm the same way, except I've also heard Wish You Were Here. Great album.

I think The Wall is total genius. One of my favorite ROck Operas. Hey, that would make a good thread-- Favorite rock operas...

I thought you'd like Pink Floyd.
plasticfantastic

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:07 am

That would be a good thread, but I only know of a small number of rock operas.Maybe Concept Albums/Rock Operas.

Well, this post may be my Waterloo with the computer.I was listening to John Entiwstle on youtube, and all of the sudden this program "Securety Tool", says I have 43 malicious programs on my computer, trying to send credit card info to other sources.Since I rebooted my computer last week, I have not done nearly enough online for that many viruses.Anyway, I click "Remove Viruses", or whatever, and it leads to a page saying I have to pay $80 to sign up to remove the programs.But, every few seconds pop ups come up saying its worse, but everythings fine, although the desktop is blank.I also have no credit card info on here anymore, so it has to be fake.Perhaps "Security Tool" trying to scare me into buying their crap, I dont know, but I dont trust it, so this could be my last post.If im not around soon, it means my computer took a crap and I smashed it with a hammer in anger.Im hoping its fake, but it might not.I dont know what else to say, so ill just say bye, and thanks for all the great conversations on the forum...and UP AGAINST THE WALL MOTHERFUCKERS!
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:10 am

A lot of times fake virus proggrams will show up on your computer and say you have viruses when you really don't. "Securety Tool" sounds pretty fake to me.

The same thing happened to my computer a few months ago and everything was really fine, so I wouldn't worry.
plasticfantastic

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:35 pm

Yeah it is a con, but Security Tool is a serious virus.You cant remove it, and it sends real viruses in, making you buy their crap, but when you buy it supposedly none of the viruses go away, they get worse.So far, I can get online, but if I open something infected, like notepad, the toolbar goes away, typical of viruses.Im learning how to get rid of this thing.Im declaring war on this mother**cker!
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:37 pm

WAR IT IS!

When it comes to viruses, my peace-and-love attitude goes out the window.

So much for "no backtalk from a machine", right? Our machines had better not be gaining a life of their own, or else we're all screwed.
plasticfantastic

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:31 am

Yeah, whats sick is I believe its someone around here in the RV park.One of the guys next to us, they are very odd and one only goes out at night.

Anyway, I think I beat Security Tool.Well, Norton did, it dissapeared from the toolbar, and pop-ups ended, so I gave it a day to make sure its gone.Its gone, and its great!But most of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE!!!I send her gifts of love, if only she knew I existed...
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:44 pm

YAY!!! EmbryonicRabbit, you've beat the system!

And happy birthday to Queen Grace indeed.
plasticfantastic

Postby babson on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Listened to the Moody Blues, To Our Chidren's Children's etc. quite a lot back in the days of high adventure and after that. I would say it is a must have. It will open your mind if nothing else. We had another one too, but can't remember which one. My buddy and I traded, they were both so good, and I ended up with a To Our C.... cassette tape.
Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?
babson

Previous

Return to Open Forums