Anybody seen that show "Trailer Park Boys"

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Anybody seen that show "Trailer Park Boys"

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 am

Its this funny ass Canadian show about these people who live in a trailer park.It surrounds three characters, Julian, who wears a "sexy black tshirt"(ill explain that later) and ALWAYS walks around with a glass of rum and coke, ALWAYS, never without it!Ive seen they get into a car crash where the flip over and the glass is STILL INTACT!Didnt even spill!And hes never wasted either!Then Ricky, who lives in Julians beat-up old '75 New Yorker, and since season 1, and constantly grows dope, its like hes ment to do nothing else, and hes DUMB AS F*CK!(a common phrase), seriously, funniest dumb character on ANY tv show.Thing is, he has to work with Julian, cause Julian comes up with plans to sell the dope, and Ricky grows it.They need eachother, or they fall apart in life.Then third, Bubbles, whos their best friend, and wears these big glasses, has an obsession for cats and has hundreds, takes care of them all, and best yet...LIVES IN A SHED!A little nice home in a shed, its neat though too!Hes got plumbing and everything, and makes money my stealing shopping carts at the mall, and selling them back to the mall, which he justifies with the fact that he just "spends the money back there on cat food anyway".He tries to stay out of Rick and Julians dope growing plans, but since hes their friend he always gets into it.Thing is, their plans are always thrwarted by the Trailer Park supervisor Jim Lahey, who loves Julians "sexy black tshirt" and drinks more than i have ever seen ever, EVER, dont ever engage this guy in a drinking contest.This is the best part, his "Weekly Regional Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor", or side-kick, is Randy, who not only is gay(they are both gay, although its not revealed until season 3), but also walks around shirtless, NEVER EVER wears a shirt in the whole seven seasons and movies, EVER, maybe on two occasions in the past nine years since 2000, and has this gut that everyone makes fun of, and has a cheeseburger obsession like no-one else!Oh, and he was also a male prostitute under the name Smokey, and his only payment would be two cheeseburgers or $10.Thats just the main story line, the plot, theres tons of other stuff that youlle laugh at for years, and its all done like a documentary in real time, although its not.Anyway, greatest show on TV ever, one you get into it it saves your life.

BTW, ALOOOT of cursing(to the point its hilariously part of the show) and drugs(just pot and hash, no bad stuff) and liquor(huge part of the show) and shooting and stuff, but ALL FUNNY, i HIGHLY RECOMEND you buy the DVDs, or if you live in Canada watch it, but if youre Canadian you problebly know it.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Re: Anybody seen that show "Trailer Park Boys"

Postby TakeMeOnYourFlight on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:31 pm

BTW, ALOOOT of cursing(to the point its hilariously part of the show) and drugs(just pot and hash, no bad stuff) and liquor(huge part of the show) and shooting and stuff, but ALL FUNNY,

That sounds like a summary of Grace Slick's autobiography, :lol: I live in Canada and am very familiar with Trailer Park Boys and am a big fan. The show is finished now but there is a second feature length Trailer Park Boys film coming this fall called Countdown to Liquor Day. Here's the trailer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPPJYytCC_4

This is one of my favorite moments from the show;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cr5nWpo ... re=related

I spent my first 10 years in Nova Scotia and lived close to where the series was filmed. One later episode which involved stealing from a meat store was filmed on location at Chris Borthers' Meats which was just a few blocks away from the street I first lived on.
"I know it's hard to defend an unpopular policy once in a while." - Zappa
TakeMeOnYourFlight

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:28 am

Lessons from Ricky:
"The thing with kids and growings and getting learnings and stuff is that... You can't lie to them. Basically, if you wanna tell the children they can't do something they're gonna want to do it more. When I was young I did all kinds of crazy shit and I turned out wicked. That's because my dad was fuckin' cool, he let me do shit. I was allowed to drive his car around the park, basically took my dirt bike to school, let me grow dope in his shed in grade 7. You know, that's what good parenting is all about. You gotta let them have a bit of freedom. "

....somehow that had to have gotten posted on this forum.And I had to do it.And Canada sound so great.Thats so cool you lived near where it was filmed!Im really gonna miss this show...
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Maybe we could start a "What are you watching?" topic.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby plasticfantastic on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Ohhh, that would be good.

THE OFFICE ROCKS!
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:38 am

A What You Are Watching topic wouldnt be bad, I imagine there would alot of concert videos and stuff.Thats actually a really good idea.Right now im watching The Who at the Isle of Wight 1970, so thats for starters.

I also love The Office, one of the best shows of all time.Freakin' hilarious!Dwights my favourite.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Susan Butcher on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:01 am

The last thing funny thing I saw was The Mighty Boosh. Has that show got to America yet? It's English. Acidheads like it.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:59 pm

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:A What You Are Watching topic wouldnt be bad, I imagine there would alot of concert videos and stuff.Thats actually a really good idea.Right now im watching The Who at the Isle of Wight 1970, so thats for starters.

I also love The Office, one of the best shows of all time.Freakin' hilarious!Dwights my favourite.

I think that The Who's Isle of Wight Show was much better than Live at Leeds, although the latter is defineitly more popular.

Dwight's my favorite too!
plasticfantastic

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Yeah i like Isle of Wight better, more energy.Probably because they were at a festival.Although i only have the LP of Live at Leeds, ive never heard the whole show.

Anyway...something happened to my computer, and i had to re-boot.Couldnt get online, couldnt control volume or minimize or move icons or files, and everything looked 10 years old.So, i re-boot.I knew stuff would get deleted, but not to the extent its gone so far.Ive lost all of my album, concerts, videos, pictures, my songs, everything...completely new...EVERYTHING GONE...and im currently going through withdrawl.And i have not listened to the Airplane all week, and i feel i didnt eat or drink all week...

:lol: - thats laughter of insanity...INSANITY!
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby redrabid on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:16 pm

What can I say, that's terrible. I already wondered what might have happened. I missed your posts.
redrabid

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:02 pm

And i missed you all on the forum.I felt like somehow i wouldnt get the computer fixed until December and i would miss a few birthdays.Every single thing i do now i have to go through some application because its all back to when the computer was built in 2006.And everytime i post here now i cant go back to another forum or topic, have to close the window and go back.I miss Google Chrome...it never did that.

Anyway, back to original subject.Another annoyance is how the new Trailer Park Boys movie, Countdown to Liquor Day, which is the last thing they will do, did not get released in the U.S.So, being the rebel i am, I "illegaly", watched it online on some website, some guy uploaded it with a camera from the theater.It was hilarious, but probably would have been better as a season.It felt rushed, like alot of it was cut out.Probably was though.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:45 pm

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:Yeah i like Isle of Wight better, more energy.Probably because they were at a festival.Although i only have the LP of Live at Leeds, ive never heard the whole show.

Anyway...something happened to my computer, and i had to re-boot.Couldnt get online, couldnt control volume or minimize or move icons or files, and everything looked 10 years old.So, i re-boot.I knew stuff would get deleted, but not to the extent its gone so far.Ive lost all of my album, concerts, videos, pictures, my songs, everything...completely new...EVERYTHING GONE...and im currently going through withdrawl.And i have not listened to the Airplane all week, and i feel i didnt eat or drink all week...

:lol: - thats laughter of insanity...INSANITY!

Oh god, that sucks. I can't even imagine losing all that stuff. Did you back anything up?

And no JA for a week? That sounds painful.... By the way, it's very worth getting that show. Reeeeally good. I've always preferred Isle of Wight.
plasticfantastic

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:29 pm

No i didnt back anything up...lets just say when it comes to fixing computers me and my parents become pre-historic man.

Its hard to listen to JA around here.I know if my parents listened to atleast one album, and were open-mined, they could love JA!And as soon as i have money im getting that expanded Live at Leeds.Also speaking of Isle of Wight, im watching the Moody Blues performance, AMAZING show.I need more Moodies concerts.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:54 pm

I don't actually know much by them. I've heard I'd like them a lot.

I really lucked out with my parents. I heard White Rabbit and loved it, and immediately afterwards, my dad gave me The Essential Jefferson Airplane. He had noooo idea just how essential it would become...

Well, I quickly became obsessed and started getting records and showing them to my dad. Well, now he's also obsessed. THe ironic part is that I then re-introduced him to The Dead, and introduced him to QMS.

I hope your parents will also see the light.
plasticfantastic

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:08 am

Oh how The Moody Blues are wonderful, let me count the ways.Their music is so beautiful, if given a chance they could end war and poverty.They are extremely diverse, the first Progressive Rock band, I consider them the British Airplane, considering their history and progress in music.Anybody who enjoys music must give their albums a listen.Start with Days of Future Passed, In Search Of The Lost Chord, Threshold Of A Dream, To Our Childrens, Childrens, Children and A Question of Balance, then move on from there.DO NOT, listen to any other albums until you have heard these five.

Whats funny about my parents and JA, is my dad is the most dissmisive, yet on my trail to becoming a huge fanatic he has been the most helpful without knowing it.He told me who they were when I heard White Rabbit the first time, and, this may be a coincidence but, when we were at this record shop we have never been to(not owning any JA cds or records, listening to songs on youtube, and he not knowing I was a fan), he randomly picks up Crown of Creation out of a dollar bin, minutes after I think, "Hmm, wouldnt it be funny if i found Crown of Creation".Totally random.Im sure JA was farthest from his mind.Some impulse made him pick up that record, and I think it was a sign.Im sure pretty soon they are going to hear a song they absolutely love, and start giving all the records a listen.Thats happened with other bands Ive turned them onto.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Next

Return to Open Forums