What song is stuck in your head right now?

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

What song is stuck in your head right now?

Postby plasticfantastic on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Well, I ALWAYS have something stuck in my head, so I figured I'd ask.

For me, it's been The Great Society's version of Nature Boy all day. I love that song, but it's becoming slightly agonizing.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Re: What song is stuck in your head right now?

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:19 pm

Im so glad you brought that up.I get songs stuck in my head all the time too, and wow, ive had Miracles in my head for two days now, and goes away for a bit but comes back when i least expect it, like an hour ago.Its driving me mad.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Ooooh boy, that's rough....

Well, I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that I got Nature Boy out of my head because I've been listening to Blows Against The Empire.

I expect that Mau Mau won't get annoying for at least a few days.
plasticfantastic

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:38 pm

"Fire Engine" by the Elevators. I heard it at a party last week, and it just won't stop, probably because I was in the Empty Place for a few minutes last Friday night. "EEYYIIEEYYIIEEYYII!" (I've got this one on record of course, but I don't hear it much because my chum Carol can't stand the howls. Can't understand it because Carol likes Janis Joplin, and she used to sing like someone had trodden on her toes.)

I expect it'll be something from "Volunteers" next.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Wow... I wish I could predict what song would get stuck in my head next. That must be pretty cool.

By the way, most people can control what song is stuck in their head, right? Or is it only me?
plasticfantastic

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 pm

I can predict what song will get stuck in my head.Only songs ive gotten stuck in my head before though.I am starting to control it now too.Like, when i hear Miracles, i know im going to get it stuck in my head.And, when i think about Miracles, i do this knowing ill get it stuck in my head.So i do my best to not listen to or think about Miracles, so as to not make my head a late-70s light rock radio station.Now, i have sacrificed that to give you this information.

Miracles is in my head once again...is a shortened version of what i just said.My medication to get songs out of my head is to blast something with headphones.I think a healthy dose of Spare Chaynge shall do the trick!
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:47 pm

I am so sorry. Miracles is NOT a good thing to have stuck in your head!

Can you mix songs in your head? The other day I had a weird mash-up of Plastic Fantastic Lover and Greasy Heart in my head, which was actually pretty awesome. About an hour ago, I had a very weird mix of The Fixin'-to-Die Rag and Trial By Fire in my head. Needless to say, I've been listening to LJS, and Woodstock.

Good luck with Spare Chaynge.
plasticfantastic

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:31 am

"babe...babe...babe"...*puke*.Something i will never understand is how that song appeared on an album any Airplane members were on.But then again...Grace sang on We Built this City :( .Sucess can do things...

Anyway, whenever i hear Spare Chaynge i end up going to play bass, like many Airplane songs.Its an impulse, so by then any songs i had in my head are far gone, unless i like them, then it will squeeze its way into whatever im playing.But yeah i always get two songs mixed stuck in my head.Whenever it happens to me though, its two songs either similar, or they have a part of the song that could go with a part of the other song.Like, ill get Ballad Of in my head, and after the bass solo sometimes it will go into Eat Starch Mom.Problably because they both got a driving rhythm.I got one for ya here though, you ever had a song in your head, the studio version, and maybe you have heard a live version thats extended, and when it gets to a certain point, it goes into the live version.Ive done that with both the Pooneils alot.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:46 am

I just meant I was planning to listen to Volunteers, and it's quite likely, given my current fluey state, a bit will get stuck.
Susan Butcher

Postby plasticfantastic on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:42 pm

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:"babe...babe...babe"...*puke*.Something i will never understand is how that song appeared on an album any Airplane members were on.But then again...Grace sang on We Built this City :( .Sucess can do things...

Uggggh. Tell me about it! I find Miracles rather sickening... a little bit like those gross scotch mints that taste way too sweet for anny normal person to handle. As for We Built This City, just please shoot me in the head.

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:"But yeah i always get two songs mixed stuck in my head.Whenever it happens to me though, its two songs either similar, or they have a part of the song that could go with a part of the other song.Like, ill get Ballad Of in my head, and after the bass solo sometimes it will go into Eat Starch Mom.

That happens to me soooooo much! Sometimes my songs mix by subject instead of by music, which is just weird. Plastic Fantastic Lover (yes, again) and Eat Starch Mom are a very odd combination, but they work together somehow.

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:" I got one for ya here though, you ever had a song in your head, the studio version, and maybe you have heard a live version thats extended, and when it gets to a certain point, it goes into the live version.Ive done that with both the Pooneils alot.

YES! This happens a lot with 3/5 of a Mile In Ten Seconds a lot. And Won't You Try.
plasticfantastic

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:24 pm

Songs from the same writer can generally be "portmanteaued". (Lewis Carroll's term for this kind of blending.) And it's very easy with folk songs that share the same or similar tune. I used to sing "It's our homeland, our own land, to cherish till our billy boils..." at school assembly.
Susan Butcher

Postby plasticfantastic on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:35 pm

And the Fleetwood Mac songs "The Chain" and "Gold Dust Woman". They sound sooo alike! It's easy to blend those in your head.
plasticfantastic

Postby Susan Butcher on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:01 am

Well, the stuck one turned out to be Eskimo Blue Day, which is OK because it's a half-song half-instrumental. I can rearrange it in my head to avoid an annoying loop. (Thank goodness it wasn't The Farm - that's really awful!)
Susan Butcher

Postby redrabid on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:42 pm

I must be in hell. The song that is in my head, after listening to the Sex Pistols, is "Xanadu" by Olivia Newton John. Where did that come from? "Please release me. let me go"!
redrabid

Postby plasticfantastic on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Uggg.... You must be in hell.

Well, right now, I have What About Me, by QMS in my head. What a great band... so underrated, and almost entirely forgotten. What a tragedy.
plasticfantastic

Next

Return to Open Forums