Not too cool...

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Not too cool...

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:11 pm

I used to get those magazines where they say fake crap like "batboy lives!", and other wierd stuff like that that obviously isnt true, but its fun collecting them because they are so fucked up.Stopped though when they stopped running out of stuff, or was it they shut down?

You ever start seeing spots and squigly lines in the corner of your eye and try to stare at them and they keep moving?Or your head starts moving back and forth, but its not, just your eyes fucking with you, like dizzyness without the small headache.Because its happening right now, and its annoying and wont stop, usually it stops when i focus on it but not now.

PS:
Did you ever walk through minefield,came out of it and than stepped on a shit?

I dont know where i would be walking through a minefield, but when we had a house we always forgot to clean up after taking our dogs outside in the backyard(its unbarably hot in Florida, like the Congo in Africa but to a lesser extent) and we named their shitpiles landmines :lol: .Ah, the old days...
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Susan Butcher on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Ah yes, "Weekly World News"; Miracle Garlic, Diet Soap, Batboy, Ed Anger and Dear Dottie. But there's plenty of made-up stuff in the straight newspapers too.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Thats what it was, Weekly World News.Had a collection going but lost em when we moved.And i dont read newspapers.Or watch news.Its hard to find real news anymore, so i really just concerne myself with music.I used to get my news from my mom, but she became too obsessive with it and i worried, so when everything turned high def or whatever in June we stopped watching TV.I dont know why, TV just started boring me to death when i turned 13, so call me uninformed or whatever, but im not obsessed with a bunch of young college-type teenagers in LA who are all plastic and fake on shows like Big Brother.Like i give a shit about them, and dont get me started with soap operas and desperate housewives and all that gargle.I just dont understand why these shows are popular.God i sound old..and im not even 18 yet.But i digress...

Ever start rambling about something and go from one subject to another and to another and stop yourself and forget the original subject, to find the original subject had little to do with the whole conversation/topic?
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby okeedoe on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:14 am

it could be either entoptic phenomena(floaters) or Scheerer's phenomenon.Entoptic phenomena occures when the receptors on your retina are misfiring.You probably don't notice those sorts of effects unless you are looking at nothing at all (blank backgrounds or shut eyelids).That and forgetting the original subject of conversation might be the signs of anxiety.Have you been under a lot of emotional tensions lately?
I think in your case is the Scheerer's phenomenon which is a different thing from floaters and it is experienced by almost everyone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field ... phenomenon

Coincidentally,when I was at your age both of those things used to happen to me quite frequently.

Has anyone of you ever experienced Déjà vu ,Jamais vu or Presque vu?
As im getting old(46) I experience L'esprit de l'escalier almost every day.
okeedoe

Postby jimmie ray on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:52 am

okeedoe wrote:it could be either entoptic phenomena(floaters) or Scheerer's phenomenon.Entoptic phenomena occures when the receptors on your retina are misfiring.You probably don't notice those sorts of effects unless you are looking at nothing at all (blank backgrounds or shut eyelids).
Coincidentally,when I was at your age both of those things used to happen to me quite frequently.

That's amazing, because I used to see that all the time, when I was a young teenager! It used to fascinate me, like having my own little "Sea Monkeys" farm in my head - but also worry me. And for many years after that, it has never happened, and I had forgotten all about it.
It's good times now - I can see the light!
jimmie ray

Postby okeedoe on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:38 pm

I call every member to save their posts from this thread but without those lines where ''the former member'' has been mentioned so we could continue with it under the new topic .The first one who thinks of a name starts the new topic.I don't like to see this thread go so let's make the name for new one.It could be amusing and interesting.

What do you say,people?
okeedoe

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:18 pm

How about, "The Electric Pooneil Band, Non-Electric Forum"?.I always felt The Electric Pooneil should have been the name of a JA tribute band, and the forum members are kinda like a band, thoughts replacing music though.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:56 am

"The Jeffersonian Aeroplane", perhaps? That's what I call 'em.

So how do I save my posts?
Last edited by Susan Butcher on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Mr.Poo would surely make a complaint about freedom of speech.But he is not here and my spirit of a servant is always happy to comply to all kinds of censorships including auto censure.
Last edited by okeedoe on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Susan Butcher wrote:"The Jeffersonian Aeroplane", perhaps? That's what I call 'em.

So how do I save my posts?

Just select a post,copy and paste it to notepad and save it.You can post it again later whenever you want.
okeedoe

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:29 pm

redrabid wrote:My first and last post in this ridiculous matter.
Best policy: Just ignore it.

Listen to what the Flower People say...
Its getting louder every day... :mrgreen:
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby willie on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Cool.

Move on.
willie

Postby babson on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:35 am

graceslick wrote:*wandering in, aimlessly and lost*

Have you ever looked down at your pillow, which was resting on the floor, wonder suddenly why it's walking alongside you, and then realise it's actually your cat?

Close. I looked down at my cat walking by my leg, but then realized it was a raccoon!
Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn?
babson

Postby plasticfantastic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:22 am

I'm loving this thread... haven't seen this one...

A few days ago, my friend, who knows the same obscure music that I do, and often stays at my house on weekends, said that she heard me talking in my sleep. Apparently, I was very angry at Eric Burdon for stepping on my submarine. Yeah, that's right, submarine... And she said that she was pretty sure I was talking about the underwater variety as opposed to a sandwich.

And this is me (as always) totally sober.

And I''m dying to know the rest of that dream...
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby babson on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Let's analyze your dream. Eric Burdon & the Animals sang "house of the Rising Sun". So Eric burden stepping on your underwater submarine, was the sun coming up, letting you know it was time to stop the dream.

How's that for some cereal box psychology?
Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
babson

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums