Search for Rare Footage

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

Search for Rare Footage

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:39 am

Ok, im one of those completist fanatics that has to have everything by a band, and that includes film.Theres some interesting JA film floating around that we need to find!

I shall begin with the list, ahem-
Tonight Show, June 1967.They played Somebody to Love and White Rabbit.Appearantly the tapes were destroyed, which is believable, but i want proof!
Mt. Tamalpais Amphitheater, Marin County CA 11 June 1967
Someone filmed this and it exists, but hasnt been released.Anyone know anything?
Perry Como XMas Special 1967/1968.We know of Martha, but appearantly Watch her Ride was played too.Anyone know anything?
Bouton Rouge French promo 1967 for Somebody to Love.Comprises of live footage, would like to see this.
Jonathan Winters Show 1968.They played Today, Crown of Creation and Somebody to Love.Might still exist, would love to have it.
Swedish TV 1968.Possibly only footage of JA on European Tour of 1968, and is an interview with Grace.Would LOOOVE to see that! :D
Theres a movie floating around from 1968 that has another interview with Grace, ive seen a picture, i forget the title, but would love to see that.
Fillmore East 29th November 1969.B&W audience footage where Grace is dressed as Hitler, saw it on youtube a LOOOONG time ago, but dissapeared before i started collecting film and cant find it NOWHERE...i now hate myself for not picking it up then.
Dick Cavett Show March 1970.Havent seen that, would love too.
Go ride The Music program 1970: Dilema, i have the whole performance EXCEPT We Can Be Together, Somebody To Love and Emergency.Somebody PLEASE post those videos.
There was this festival in England known as the Bath festival in 1970.JA and Hot Tuna played there, and film exists of both their performances, possibly the whole shows, those being unearthed would be a miracle.

Now as we know there is a criminally low amount of Hot Tuna film.Im looking for Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning from the Last Days Of the Fillmore, cant find it anywhere, but i know it exists.Thats all i know of Hot Tuna that i dont have.As for Jefferson...starship :roll: ...the famous show in Hamburg in 1978 where Grace puts the moves on Craig Chaquico, calls the audience Nazis and goes in the audience and picks a guys nose was filmed, by Rockpalast :shock: .YES!Of all Jefferson Starship concerts in the 1970s to be filmed(not much film of JS in 70s), THAT one was filmed, and by ROCKPALAST, famous German in-concert program.Just not aired.But it exists, its listed on the Rockpalast website: http://rockpalastarchiv.de/concert/jeff ... rship.html

Anyways, would pay MILLIONS if i had it to view that even just once.MILLIONS, maybe BILLIONS, sell my home if i had too.I find it a priority for JS fans, and even those of us who hate or have little love for JS, just for the content.Proshot colour film of that show...priceless...who would have thought!

Anyway, i find all this film extremely important for the sake of JA fans and my completist sanity.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Re: Search for Rare Footage

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:15 am

I don't think I ever want to see that German show. Just too sad.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby JoeD80 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:24 pm

EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:Go ride The Music program 1970: Dilema, i have the whole performance EXCEPT We Can Be Together, Somebody To Love and Emergency.Somebody PLEASE post those videos.

The DVD of the entire "Go Ride the Music" special can be purchased from major retailers. It's on Amazon and Borders. It also includes a couple of short clips of Jerry Garcia and Marty, as well as four Quicksilver Messenger Service songs. Sometimes you can find a copy at Jorma's Fur Peace Ranch store: http://furpeacestore.com/
EmbryonicRabbit68 wrote:As for Jefferson...starship :roll: ...the famous show in Hamburg in 1978 where Grace puts the moves on Craig Chaquico, calls the audience Nazis and goes in the audience and picks a guys nose was filmed, by Rockpalast

Anyway, i find all this film extremely important for the sake of JA fans and my completist sanity.

I believe short clips of the concert in Germany were on the VH1 Behind the Music of Jefferson Airplane, but that's all I know of.
Last edited by JoeD80 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JoeD80

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:29 pm

Im definitely getting that DVD, and i missed the VH1 thing, cant find any of it online either.Would absolutely love to see it.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby Susan Butcher on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:32 pm

I just saw "Gas-s-s-s" for a second time. Did Paul Kantner have a bit part in that? I thought I spotted him.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions