:D Hello fellow J.A fans! (I'm new)

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

:D Hello fellow J.A fans! (I'm new)

Postby Visage on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:52 pm

:D Again, hiyas! I've been a fan of J.A for some weeks now, and all I can say is...what have I missed out on?!?! I'm more of an '80s new wave/new romantic/synthpop kinda person. But I ocasionally listen to '60s and '70s music as well. I really don't like this era's music at all. I'm 16 and I wish I lived in the 70s/80s era :( Oh well. :o This is such an awesome site btw! I'm happy that there are still people like you and me who have an ear for classical music! That sure is wonderful <3

:D May Peace Be With You! :D
Visage

Re: :D Hello fellow J.A fans! (I'm new)

Postby Visage on Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:24 pm

:D Tyvm cd! ^_^ That was a very nice welcome. :mrgreen:
Visage

Postby Visage on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:36 am

:o They seem like a really awesome band chasin_destiny! Although I must admit I am not such a fan of Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, etc. etc. I really like the Mamas and Papas and David Bowie, The Beatles, The Doors (from the 60s/70s). It amazes me how much changes in a decade...it's like a completely new mind set for every decade, haha. In my opinion, the best kind of music EVER was in the 20s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. Bar-none, hands down, best decades for music. Nothing compares to it, especially not this horrid music we have nowadays... :roll: (20s had awesome jazz/classical music, my most favorite is George Gershwin, Igor Stravinsky is wonderful as well) Listen to George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, it'll blow your brains out it's so sublime!!! :lol: Boy if I could only meet him :cry:
Visage

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi Visage. You're lucky to be young. You can listen to the music without having to live through the grey days of the eighties!
Last edited by Susan Butcher on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby Visage on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:14 am

:? You're right Susan, even though I have been born too late for the 80s(sigh), there must have been some "grey" times. But I guess maybe I would push that aside a tad bit and just enjoy what the 80s had brung. :mrgreen: I'd definetly go see Dead or Alive, The Cure, Visage, Oingo Boingo, The Smiths, Jesus and Mary Chain, Ultravox, John Foxx, etc. etc. etc. in concert a bunch of times. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :lol: But in my mind's eye, the 80s were the BEST!!!! Best music, fashion, everything!!! Especially the music :mrgreen: Go new wave/new romantic/synthpop! Woo! :wink:
Visage

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:22 pm

I must admit I did like the Cure.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby graceslick on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:39 am

Welcome, Visage!

You've got some good taste in music there, especially at age 16! I'm 30 and feel like I'm "livin' in the past, maaaan" with my own taste in music, which is somewhat similar to your's. I love obviously JA, Grace's solo stuff and JS, etc, and also Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, Lou Reed, Beatles, Stones, Mamas & Papas, Doors, and so on...

Music these days just can't compare. I mean, Zitney Spears vs the Airplane? COME ON!
graceslick

Postby Diane on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Welcome Visage!
Diane

Postby Visage on Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:50 pm

:D Tyvm. ^_^ :D
Visage

Return to Open Forums