Your favorite drink

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Re: Your favorite drink

Postby okeedoe on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:52 pm

I don't like coffee but Irish coffee would do.
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Horse's Neck
Type Mixed drink
Primary alcohol by volume Brandy

Served On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish Lemon peel spiral
Standard drinkware Old fashioned glass
IBA specified ingredients† 4.0 cl (1 part) Brandy
11.0 cl (~3 parts) Ginger Ale
Dash of Angostura bitter (optional)

Preparation Pour brandy and ginger ale directly into old fashioned glass with ice cubes. Stir gently. Garnish with rind of one lemon spiral. If required, add dashes of Angostura Bitter.

For nonalcoholics(CD)
UGLY(the name of this cocktail)

Pour equal amounts of grapefruit and orange juice over plenty of ice and serve with two(1 for you 1for your doggie Linda) straws and knock yourselves out.
okeedoe

Postby okeedoe on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:08 pm

For Susan
Black Christmas recipe

1 1/2 oz black sambuca
6 oz eggnog

Mix black sambuca into a glass filled with 6 ounces of eggnog. Stir, and serve.
8% (16 proof)
Serve in: Old-Fashioned Glass

Black Hole recipe
1 1/2 oz black sambuca
fill with club soda
Fill glass 2/3 with ice, add Sambuca and fill with soda.
7% (14 proof)
Serve in: Highball Glass

Quick-Sand recipe(a low alcohol cocktail so you can drink and smoke)

25 ml black sambuca
250 ml orange juice
Pour the orange juice (with the fruit pulp) over the sambuca in a highball glass.
3% (6 proof)
Serve in: Highball Glass

Samson Cocktail recipe

1/2 oz Opal Nera black sambuca
1/2 oz blackberry brandy
1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1 1/2 oz light cream

Pour the Opal Nera black sambuca, blackberry brandy, amaretto and cream into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.
17% (34 proof)
Serve in: Cocktail Glass
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks, OKD. I might try one of those sambuca recipes before the bottle runs out.

I think it was fairly cheap whiskey I got a whiff of. Aged whiskey isn't bad. Once it gets to forty or so!

Speaking of girly Dutch liqueurs, has anyone tried Vok's Parfait Amor? The stuff is bright purple and tastes a bit like turkish delight. It's like drinking sugary perfume!
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:20 pm

It sounds terrible and probably tastes even worse.That liquid can repulse you from alcohol for good.Just a thought of it make me sick.They could use it as a part of anti alcohol trearment.

By the way,Susan ,do you still have your original English accent, after all those years in Austalia?
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Yes, I still have a slight Midlands accent. It's quite obvious to Australians. On the other hand, when I'm in England people think I sound Australian.

I'll tell you something I can't drink, and that's Stone's Green Ginger Wine. Got sick on that at a party when I was a teenager.
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Ah yes,a teenage (drinking)parties.lol Those prescious, innocent piggeries.We would listen to Abba, Bay City Rollers,Sweet,Kiss,Smokie and drink cherry brandy with vermouth(extra dry or white ).What a piglets we were.We 've been throwing our guts up.It was hilarious.lol I still remember the taste of my vomit after I had too much of vermouth and got sick on that on new year's eve 1976.The girls were even worse than us boys.I changed my drinking habits and music interests later, when I turned 15.

Sorry ,I know nothing about Stone's Green Ginger Wine.

Midlands- you must be of Angle origin.You don't use a broad A-that much I know.Do you have a fond memories of your old country and early childhood?As for accents,George Bernard Shaw’s professor Henry Higgins couldn't help me.I could easily be mistaken for a freakin' Russian.
okeedoe

Postby graceslick on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:31 am

Well, back in my drinking days (in which I would still be living if I had any friends who would join me in a drink) I enjoyed a good old shot of tequila...or 2 or 3 or 4...heheh. It was my preferred drink as my only purpose to drinking is to get drunk, and I would find if I drank a normal drink such as wine *gag* or beer *further gags* I would be in the toilet all night (not vomiting by the way, just normal toilet usage) and it also takes so disgusting to me I would never be able to drink enough to actually get drunk.

Tequila though was easy. One quick swallow, some salt and lemon if you so choose, and a nice warm quick feeling of tipsiness. And no toilet-going because it's only a small amount of liquid. Also if it's cold, it warms you up. Ah, that familiar feeling of hot burning going down your throat and into your chest!

These days however, it's hot chocolates, coke and juice for this old biddy.

And Okeedoe, you callin' me a nerd?? lol
graceslick

Postby okeedoe on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:04 pm

''Ah, that familiar feeling of hot burning going down your throat and into your chest!'' Yay !
You won my heart with that sentence,love. :)

I have never called you a nerd,you are far from being old and you don't have fat knees.lol
okeedoe

Postby graceslick on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Ha! My knees are rolls of fat encased in pale, pasty skin. Heheh. My chin its own roll neck jumper.
graceslick

Postby okeedoe on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:20 am

That is not true,of course.You are a cool chick with a sharp and a bit eccentric sense of humor.
Last edited by okeedoe on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:37 am

Stone's is easy to describe. It's hot and gingery, syrupy, and very sweet. Yuk!

I used to drink a lot of tequila, but it's too expensive these days. I hated Australian beer until I moved to Melbourne, then I got a taste for VB (Victoria Bitter) because that's what the local cartoonists drank. I still prefer ale to lager, though

Midlands people have Danish ancestors, OKD, and that's where some of the accent comes from. The central and eastern parts of what is now England were part of the Kingdom of Denmark during the Ninth Century.
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:27 pm

At saturday,I shall slaughter a bottle of tequila to your and graceslick's health,Susan.

Thank you for that short lesson.I shall visit some history websites to renew and improve my poor knowledge of British history.
okeedoe

Postby IneedaBonghit on Wed May 20, 2009 3:49 pm

I like Nature brand mountain spring water.
You can get it for free if you climb the right hill or mountain.
Right mountains can be found in many parts of the world.

Jack
Getting reborn isn't easy. It's like hitting the reset switch of a computer, or getting hit by a wrecking ball. My life is rebooting...:)
IneedaBonghit

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed May 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Well, we're got a lot of it here! Most of it's a bit sulphurous, but the spring water at Wombat Flat has just the right kind of bite to the taste.
Susan Butcher

PreviousNext

Return to Open Forums