Colours

Anything goes here folks... just keep it somewhat clean ;)

Colours

Postby okeedoe on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:21 am

When you think about colours of the rainbow, what colours are JA members? What colour are you? Your friends? Your enemies?
To me, Grace is the colour of her eyes-a blue flame of firing ice.Susan Butcher is a turquoise blue with a scent of violets;graceslick is a plush(soft and smooth),radiating the colours of a sunny day;CD is.....well, he doesn't want to know.lol

What are the colours of happines and bliss or sorrow and despair?The colours of your passions, apathy or boredom.What are the colours of your loved ones?In what colours do you see the world?
Would you tell me?
okeedoe

Re: Colours

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:23 am

Bang on there, OKD! A quetzal kind of turquoise is my favourite colour.
"I ain't got the blues no more I said"
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:49 am

One of my favorites too.You see,I can see you.
Today is all in quetzal turquoise. :)What about a blue jay?

I have always been amazed by some variations of green and blue.Blue and green evoke a strong but cozy feelings inside of me.I tend to see everything in green and blue.Those are my favorite colorus.I had a green and blue dream when i was fourteen.I'll tell you about it sometime.I still remember every detail .
okeedoe

Postby Susan Butcher on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:28 pm

I know that colour well.

I think Paul is jaundapple, which is a kind of reddish green that exists only in the mind.
Susan Butcher

Postby okeedoe on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:59 am

You are not only a colour wise,Susan.I wonder if Paul experiences things in such colourful stimuli.

Jack Casady is yellowish blue then.
okeedoe

Postby Lilla on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:15 am

I love colours and I must have a good sense because when I draw I have to take care of colours which I use..
I love turquise and orange - purple and mellow yellow (? am I say it right?) - blue, green etc.
I think Marty is brown, Grace is blue, Jack is dark blue, Paul is...hmm white, Jorma is black or dark red, and Spencer is brown too. In my opinion. :D
'No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get out of it' - Gracie
Lilla

Postby plasticfantastic on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:32 pm

That's tough.... I don't know what color I'd be.... Yellow?

As for Airplane members, I agree-- Grace would be icy blue. Paul could be some kind of bright-ish green (yes, that was totally random), Spencer could be a dark red, Jack would be a dark blue, Jorma would be a bright red (just like his Epiphone Riviera!), and Marty would be dark purple. I don't know why purple, but it just seems like it would work somehow.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby EmbryonicRabbit68 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:07 am

plasticfantastic wrote:That's tough.... I don't know what color I'd be.... Yellow?

As for Airplane members, I agree-- Grace would be icy blue. Paul could be some kind of bright-ish green (yes, that was totally random), Spencer could be a dark red, Jack would be a dark blue, Jorma would be a bright red (just like his Epiphone Riviera!), and Marty would be dark purple. I don't know why purple, but it just seems like it would work somehow.

Thats perfect!And Paul being a green is not random, green fits him.Hes very earthly, although he really got into spaceyness.
Hide, Witch, Hide!
The Good Folks come to Burn Thee
Their Keen Enjoyment hid Behind
The Gothic Mask of Duty!
EmbryonicRabbit68

Postby plasticfantastic on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:57 am

This was a good thread. Who's up for bringing it back?

We never really got very much into the rest of the question, about what colors other users are, and the colors of other things as well. That was a cool twist on the question, and I'd say we honor it.

Jimmie Ray is most certainly orange. Don't know why, but I seriously think orange. EmbryonicRabbit would be a sort of medium blue, I think. I think someone said that Susan Butcher would be light blue... I think light purple would work too.

Happiness is yellow, bliss is white, sorrow is black, as is despair, and boredom is grey.

I tend to see the world in pink, but that is due entirely to my pink-tinted John Lennon-style sunglasses. Yes, just like Jack, Grace, and Jerry Garcia. When my glasses are off, then I tend to see the world in oranges and yellows.
Last edited by plasticfantastic on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trouble in mind, lord I'm blue
But I won't be blue always
The sun's gonna shine in my door,
Shine in my back door someday
plasticfantastic

Location: Sunny California, not San Francisco though. If only...

Postby babson on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:55 am

Wow! This is a thread of the veteran posters. Let's see what happens! The JA members are golden because they have so much value in our lives. My eyes I was told are hazel, but they look green to me. I really like my snowshoe cat's eyes which are a sky blue. My friends have the purple and violet shades, my enemies have grey for tombstones in their eyes. I don't know many of you. Susan Butcher has mellow yellow eyes.
Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
When will they ever learn?
babson

Postby Susan Butcher on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:51 pm

My eyes are normally greyish-blue, but they're often pink round the edges, Babson!

Yellow is a happy colour, but it's odd that in surveys very few people name it as their favourite. The word "yellow" has too many bad connotations, perhaps. In Australia, we call it "gold" for that reason.

Personally, I hate beige. It's depressing. It makes me think of life with the juice drained out of it. Perhaps it's OK as a background colour, like grey.
Susan Butcher

Postby babson on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:45 am

Was thinking of the hurdy gurdy man, er person.
Where have all the young men gone?
Long time ago
Gone for soldiers every one
babson

Return to Open Forums