A JA Bio-Pic

Thoughts, ideas, memories, you name it! Share your favorite stories, albums, tracks and more.

A JA Bio-Pic

Postby LatherPCL on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:13 am

If someone ever wanted to do a bio-pic on Jefferson Airplane who would you cast and what would the title be?

So far all I can think of is, and I will probably get a lot of groans from non-"American Idol" fans, but I would cast a former "American Idol" contestant by the name of Carly Smithson as Grace Slick. She has the Grace Slick look, but they would have to paint over all those tattoos that Carly Smithson wears on her arms. I don't think Grace Slick has many tattoos. Carly Smithson would also have to learn how to talk without an Irish accent. I can't think of many other actors as of yet, but maybe someone could help me there. I do have a title and it would make sense. In fact, I suggest that whoever makes a Jefferson Airplane bio-pic use this as source material and that is "Somebody To Love?" by Grace Slick and use "Somebody To Love" as the title. Which brings to mind another question I would pose: Who should the film center on, one particular member, such as Grace Slick, or the whole group?
LatherPCL

Re: A JA Bio-Pic

Postby LatherPCL on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:49 pm

China Kantner would be a good idea to play her mother in a movie. Kind of like picking Tracy Ellis Ross to play her mother Diana Ross in a movie. Tracy Ellis Ross, just like China Kantner, resemble their mothers a great deal. Carly Smithson, I think, resembles Grace Slick, but can't act and probably has no desire to act. China Kantner has at least had some experience and could pull it off playing Grace Slick the same way Tracy Ellis Ross could playing Diana Ross. I kind of would like to see a bio-pic, but I kind of like what The Beatles did with the "Anthology" mini-series and maybe a series kind of like that for Jefferson Airplane could work. I think a bio-pic on JA could begin with Grace Slick's marriage to Jerry Slick, the formation of The Great Society, Signe Toly Anderson's decision to leave JA, the entrance of Grace into Jefferson Airplane, and end with Grace Slick's freedom from addiction, protection of animals, vegetarianism, and painting. It would make a good mini-series and could be produced and be aired by VH-1. Either a comprehensive documentary, bio-pic, or a live performances/promo-films/guest appearances DVD set would be good.
LatherPCL

Postby ericthompson13 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:40 am

zoey deschanel as grace and i cant think of the rest
ericthompson13

Postby psychy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:04 am

ericthompson13 wrote:zoey deschanel as grace and i cant think of the rest

Wasn't she proposed to do Janis too:)!!!????
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:06 am

China Kantner would be a good idea to play her mother in a movie

Like mom like daughter :):)!
Imageù
psychy

Postby CookOfTheHouse on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 pm

I got to know Zoey when I was watching a Jefferson Airplane video (High Flyin' Bird live at the monterey pop) and one of my friends from college told me "hey, she looks exactly like this other chick" and Zoey it was! And she does indeed look a lot like Gracie! Her vocals are too soft though...
CookOfTheHouse

Postby psychy on Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:03 pm

CookOfTheHouse wrote:

I got to know Zoey when I was watching a Jefferson Airplane video (High Flyin' Bird live at the monterey pop) and one of my friends from college told me "hey, she looks exactly like this other chick" and Zoey it was! And she does indeed look a lot like Gracie! Her vocals are too soft though...

She's going to have to work hard on that voice then :):) :twisted:
Imageù
psychy

Postby psychy on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:12 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Imageù
psychy

Return to Jefferson Airplane Discussions